ICS L85 Hopup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L85 Hopup help

I have stripped my L85 with a view to replacing the hop rubber and nub. I've put in a TK twist barrel and a guarder rubber and nub.

The problem is that the amount of hop the unit is applying is far too much. even when no hop should be applied it's over hopping the bb. I've tried putting in a smaller nub which still overhops so I'm at a loss as to what to do. my only other thought is that perhaps the nub is stuck in the slot in the barrel but when I cut it down or push down or pull up the hop arm the nub moves which seems to suggest it isn't stuck.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
    Stargazer

Re: ICS L85 Hopup help

I have that problem with my SRC G36, it always over hops when the hop is at it's lowest with normal nubs.

Get yourself a H nub, madbull and element make them both, give them a try
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

it could mean mate,

you need to slightly file the cup piece on the hop arm that holds the nub in place,
      make it deeper, so it applies the same ammount of hop as before

Comment

Solved it, did essentially the same thing guard but just added a small amount of plastic on the arm on the hop adjuster wheel because before fully off was still applying too much. Seems to be fine now thanks for the advice though and if it still is causing problems I'll try your solution

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stargazer Find out more about Stargazer
        Working...
        X