Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS MP5 trigger switch

Hi Guys,

Just want to get confirmation that the trigger switch I'm looking at buying will work. I've phoned Z1 but the advice I got fell a bit short...

The MP5 I just purchased second hand as stopped firing. Upon looking inside the gearbox, the "blade" part of the trigger switch seems to be jamming and not engaging with the trigger. This means the gearbox has to be torn apart, the blade nudged back into place and reassembled for it to work again for a few shots. The blade appears to be moving upwards towards the tappet plate instead of just backwards and forwards like I'd expect.

Will buying Z1 product code GE-07-21 solve all of my issues? Will it fit, I've been told yes, but the answer lacked the confidence I'd expect from someone trying to help me spend my money with them.

Is this a common fault? Trying to get it working for the weekend.

I know this is a stupid question but is the return spring ok?

Comment

Re: ICS MP5 trigger switch

Not stupid at all

I thought it could be that for a while and that it might be to tight or the tension is pulling the blade upwards, i also thought the trigger spring itself might be too tight as it won't allow it to "sit" without having to hold it in place. The enitre trigger assembly tries to leap out of the gearbox unless you hold the trigger down. I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen. Do after market trigger assemblies like the guarder one hold the blade part of the switch limiting it's movement and propensity to jiggle?

Comment

picture please

Comment

I'll have to get a picture tonight now, I'll upload it later. I appriciate my description might not be the best.

Comment

is the small stopper in place? This is a pic of with the stopper broken/missing , if the part was missing the blade part would work for 1 shot then sit at an angle meaning the trigger would not make contact

Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

its not that its just we can usually spot whats going on with the trigger assembly, missing stoppers, missing springs, missing or broken blades etc...

Its usually right there.

Then you have more complicated things like trigger blocks getting pressure applyied from incompatable gearboxs, or distorted or ruff plastic. Incorrect hieght of trigger blade due to alignment hole being to high or low for trigger unit being installed, broken or work contacts, contacts in the wrong position.

From what your describing, the trigger blade as we know is trapped. It cant go up or down or off its runners, only backwards and forwards in a confined space. In its forward most postion it has the ability to lift up slightly at the back. But not the front. Enough for the spring to return it to its once again trapped position agasint th stopper. Sometimes on ICS mp5s the stoppers break off. Happens on others but more to ics mp5s this would allow the blade to escape and have to be physically returned to its normal position.

Comment

I don't remember seeing that stopper, and reading both your replies that seems to be describing the issue. I remember that the blade travels further back than the outer housing looks like it should allow.

Although I can't check right now, what's the fix for a broken stopper? Am I going to have to fork out for a whole new shell?

Comment

New shells are about 20 - 30 quid.

you can drill it and try and mount something in there some use tiny round bar or wire.

Comment

Thanks very much guys,

You've given me plenty to go on, and I'll have a good dig around tonight to see if that stopper is still there. I'll update as required

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just as an update: the stopper had gone missing, but we managed to engineer a screw into the back of gearbox with a dremel. Initial indicators look like it'll be good, but may require some sanding over the countersink so that the selector plate still moves smoothly.

Beware Hi-res photo album inbound.

http://imgur.com/a/MmRuK

Very happy with the results so far, now to clean everything, reassemble then test

Comment

looking good , have you placed the sector gear in yet to make sure it clears the new stop ?
                        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Now that you mention it I haven't. I was far to excited and went and cleaned the gearbox of all its shavings. That is somewhat worrying....

Worst case scenario I'll have to dremel the screw into a more suitable shape. It'll probably be quite snug.

Comment

Just an update really for anyone who might happen to come across this in the future.

I managed to insert a screw as seen in the images above where the stopper had broken. After checking the gear clearance and hacksawing then filing the screw I loctited the screw into place and ran some sandpaper over the screw head so that it cleared the selector plate.

It now works perfectly and saved ~£30 on the gearbox shell. If anyone needs to do this PM me and I'll try and help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Widgit Find out more about Widgit
                            Working...
                            X