Collapse

CA SCAR Baterry didn't work, any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA SCAR Baterry didn't work, any ideas?

Ok so I bought a CA Scar L from a classified on here, didn't come with battery. So I borrowed one from a mate

A 9.6v 15000 MAH mini.

Plugged it in and nothing. The motor seems as if it wants to engage but doesn't.

I am wondering if something is broken or if the battery is rubbish.

The battery seemed to warm up rapidly too.

This is my first AEG and am not yet upto speed on their constructions and stuff, so need help guys.

Thanks a LOt

G
    G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Re: CA SCAR Baterry didn't work, any ideas?

Checked the fuse?
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

if you can hear a click type sound coming from the motor , make sure your battery is fully charged and not some china jobby

there is a small screw at the bottom of the pistol grip adjust this to see if it helps
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

when you say the motor wanted to engage, do you mean you could hear a noise when you pulled the trigger, but it didn't fire?

Likely to be a gearbox lockup. Did it make any difference on semi or full-auto?

If you're sure the battery is ok (fully charged) the next step is to take out the motor, and reconnect it outside pistol grip and see if it turns correctly. If it does then you will need to take it all apart.....

HOWEVER...if you're saying you bought a gun recently via the classifieds, and it doesn't work and was sold as working, then you need to speak to the seller. Do not open it up unless you agree this with the seller or it will affect your ability to get any sort of refund.
        Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
        Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

whoa, before pm'ing in a fury etc

look at the fuse, and replace if blown, 25amp fuse works best

also, check the battery is fully charged, along with the battery connections to see if that they are not broken or bent, dirty etc

after that, check the motor connections are on the motor by removing the base plate,and seeing if the connections are not broken along with seeing if they are seated on the terminals

if the motor clicks in the pistol grip, that is a lock up in the gearbox, then will be pm time to ask if the AEG was fully working before you sent it off etc.....

Comment

Ok thanks all for the replies.

The gun makes a noise when I pull the trigger, a sound that seems like it wants to fire but doesn't. I checked the battery and it is fully charged.

What does the screw in the pistol grip do? And how easy is a fuse change?
            G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Comment

what sort of noise, and where is it coming from......

very important to know,

also the screw on the bottom of the grip,
              adjusts the motor engagement height with the meshing of the motor's pinion gear to the gearbox's bevel gear

Comment

Its a single click noise with a small hum.

the noise is coming from above the trigger inside.
                G

Comment

thats a locked gearbox mate,

dont try shooting it again as could damage the motor more,

so time to open the gearbox mate,

Comment

My CA Scar died the other week done kinda what you have stated here, after cracking open the gearbox I Discovered the spring had snapped inside.on a 8.4v battery it would lock but on a 9.4v it had enough power to compress the snapped spring. hope this helps.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gingerpunk2 Find out more about Gingerpunk2
                    Working...
                    X