Jamming up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamming up?

Hey people, got a new motor for my gun and wired up a 12v 1.3amp Drill battery as i dont yet have a charger or charged battery, but when i fire the gun in the garden using some cheapo bb's just to see if i can get everything running smoothly, i t keeps jamming up and stops feeding Bb's? tried three different mags and the same thing happens! any ideas?

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: Jamming up?

"i fire the gun in the garden using some cheapo bb's" this could be why fella , i have only once got cheap bb's took 1 look at them and binned them ! only use good stuff becouse they will jam up and damage your hop rubber and barrel
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Out they gooo "Waves his £2 off" lol... ok mate cheers! also, are AEGs meant to be like, noisy ? it sounds pretty loud!

Comment

Depends, lol. Just how noisy, and what kind. A wine is the motor, a ground is the gears, and a whack is the piston head.

Comment

i dont know... it has all them sounds.. Just like.. Louder? louder t han it appears on the videos anyway!

Comment

Mate, you've answered your own question!

"cheapo BB's". I pressume 0.12g....

It's expected cheap BB's are going to jam. Never use cheap BB's. And always 0.2g or more.

And it's probably not a good idea to wire a drill battery up to your gun either......

Comment

if your running a 12v you may have killed your tappet plate
              Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

oh dear! What difference does the voltage make then to the overall running? other than motor heating up after constant use?

Comment

More Voltage = higher ROF.

9.6V is about the max you would want to use.....

Comment

running a 12v with un-upgreaded parts (hell even with them!) is going to dammage your gearbox, the only real use for 12V in airsoft is for running decent ROF over 450 FPS, which is pointless (and against the law) in the uk. i would down gread to 9.6v as they are the most populer and will keep your parts working, + if you get a gear jam 12v will kill your motor or melt your wires.
                    Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by bigfish312 View Post
                      running a 12v with un-upgreaded parts (hell even with them!) is going to dammage your gearbox, the only real use for 12V in airsoft is for running decent ROF over 450 FPS, which is pointless (and against the law) in the uk. i would down gread to 9.6v as they are the most populer and will keep your parts working, + if you get a gear jam 12v will kill your motor or melt your wires.
                      Alright mate, will do! it was because my battery was flat and couldent find any other power source! lesson learnt everything still seems to be running ok though! i had a closer look, for some reason the mags arent pushing the BB's up so i'm putting it down to cheap BB's catching in the mags!

Thanks Lads and Laddettes!

Chandler

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                      Working...
                      X