making my jg m16 faster ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making my jg m16 faster ideas

i want to get a huricane upgrade kit but i was told that it makes it shoot slower so i got an idea where i use 2 small 8.4v packs and put them together to make 16.8v and it fits in my stock. should i use a softer spring to make it easier for the moter or will it be ok

Re: making my jg m16 faster ideas

In all honesty 16.8v is going to be way to much for your gun to handle,
    But I would recommend a 9.6v battery and possibly a much weaker spring like one of those 290fps ones and then you should be kicking out some fun ROF.
    Tom

Comment

The hurricane kit comes with a bearing spring guide and piston head so there wont be much if any rof drop. Combined with a good 9.6v battery will give you a decent ROF.

Comment

Do some reading

Comment

16.8 v just no.

just put the hurricane kit in and use a 9.6v.
          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

I don't think anybody has ever used a 16.8 in airsoft :D

Your gun would just disintegrate before your eyes, and probably catch fire too, lol.

What you want is a faster motor (TM EG1000 or G&P M120) and then a 9.6v battery. You'll need to replace the bearings with decent ones.

A M90 or M100 spring is what you need. Too soft, and the piston won't get there before the gears, which means a broken piston!

In my view a hurricane kit is a waste of money, with 9.6v and faster motor it will cope fine. Plus the rof will be plenty. Believe me, there is a point the ROF is too high, and you just end up winding hi-caps after every 1 second burst.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              I don't think anybody has ever used a 16.8 in airsoft :D

Your gun would just disintegrate before your eyes, and probably catch fire too, lol.
              A friend did actually achieve this from 2 mini batteries and an adapted connector inside the (Cyma?) MP5 he had. It did work ok, though i'm not convinced it achieved the ROF he expected from twice the power.

As for increasing the rof of the M16, what sort of an increase would you like to see?
              I have fitted Turbo motors, used higher voltage batteries, many things. In the end, i came to the conclusion that i didn't need a faster ROF, but needed to aim!
              This being the case, a 9.6 is still used, along with MOSFET to give a faster trigger response. This, coupled with a well zero'd ACOG means i get many more 'kills' per mag.

Ratty
              Trader Feedback.
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Agreed with the man above, get a G&P M120 motor. I run one with a 7.4v (lipo) battery, m100 spring, gives me a shockingly good rate of fire!

Comment

Originally posted by ratty1968 View Post
                  i came to the conclusion that i didn't need a faster ROF, but needed to aim!
                  Exactly :D

Just to illustrate the example, after much creeping with my insane ROF MP5, I popped up to shoot a very fast running target (just about to return the bomb to their base). And I missed the kill epically, because between my finger hitting the trigger, and locking on, I'd run out! By time I'd met the target (maybe 1-2 seconds) total, I was dry firing because the hi-cap needed winding again.

Comment

dont drop the spring too low if your want a decent ROF, as your piston may not fully depress before the gear tryes to re-inguage, this causes gear striping.
                    Your life is only as long as my trigger pull

SAVE AIRSOFT IN SCOTLAND! http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/ YOUR HOBBY NEEDS YOU!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gurkararka Find out more about gurkararka
                    Working...
                    X