Stripped hex/alun screw for mag release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped hex/alun screw for mag release

So i just started stripping down my M16 ready for a fresh coat of paint. And on the last bit to take down the screw stripped. It's the mag release hex/alun screw.

Anybody have any tip's on how to get this out. I don't care if i ruin the mag catch i can buy a new one.

Re: Stripped hex/alun screw for mag release

Is that the tiny screw holding the push button on? Have used a small Intument/watchmatchers screwdriver before. Tap in with small hammer until it bites and it should come out. If not 3mm drill and take the head off the screw.

Comment

small drill bit, drill that screw out

Comment

You could also Epoxy/Superglue an old Allen key into it and try that, depends how tight in it is though.
        WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

tilt the allen key to the side and push hard it may bite, or as siad hammer a flat blade screwdriver in there and twist / use plyers to twist.

Comment

yes they are about £5 for a new catch, prob drill head off is easiest

J

Comment

Cheers guys. I did end up drilling through the screw with my new dremel kit. Luckily enough it arrived today in perfect time for me to do it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
              Working...
              X