Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Army M15A4 Sportline Upgrade: M100 spring + TK Rifled Barrel

Hi all,

Since I have some spare money I decided to upgrade a bit my first and only AEG, a CA M15A4 Sportline.

What I want to achieve is some improvement on range and grouping (just to have a bit of advantage on my enemy).

It's currently shooting at 290-300 fps on the standard spring (M90), so I will upgrade to a M100 to try to get it to 330ish fps (don't want to risk to go too close to 350). Also I will replace the standar barrel with a Tanio-Koba 364mm Rifled barrel.

First thing: any advice? Is it good as first modification? Should I change any other part as a consequence (hop-up, nozzle, etc..), or should this be enough? Is the rifled barrel a good option or should I go for a standard tb barrel instead?

Second thing: wish me good luck, I never opened a gear box befere ( I watched a lot of videos thou)

Re: Classic Army M15A4 Sportline Upgrade: M100 spring + TK Rifled Barrel

Oh, I forgot one thing.

As you can see from this picture: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2786 the systema M100 is not symmetric. is there a front/rear part, or is it the same which way I mount it in?

Comment

id say replace the plastic bushing for some metal ones and give it a re-shim whilst uve got it open.

twist barrels are good for around the 330fps mark, ive been looking into getting one myself lately too

apart from that good luck, so longs ur confident and have common sense then its a dodle =]

tightly coiled part goes on the spring guide
      sigpic

Comment

i would stick with a standard TB barrel , since your after better range and grouping , tb barrel and hop unit , systema m100 with a good airseal will get you shooting 350+ easy
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

ohh i personnally wud go for madbull springs, but thats my preference
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
            i would stick with a standard TB barrel , since your after better range and grouping , tb barrel and hop unit , systema m100 with a good airseal will get you shooting 350+ easy
            350+ is too much, my site won't allow 351 fps...
            I think I'll stick with the rifled barrel, I read quite a few good reviews and I want to give it a trytry...
            should I change the whole the hop up (considering that I don't want to spend too much) or just part of it? What's the benefit?

I was considearnig metal bushings too, but then I've seen the price for a set...

Comment

personally i find the twist barrels to be about 25% better range than the TB's
              a new hop up would also help
              and watch out for the tappet plate when you open the gearbox they have a tendancy to snap with the spring release so be carefull
              TAE

Comment

Originally posted by tubzza View Post
                a new hop up would also help
                The whole hop up? Or just nub/rubber etc...

Originally posted by tubzza View Post
                and watch out for the tappet plate when you open the gearbox they have a tendancy to snap with the spring release so be carefull
                Will do, thanks

Comment

Whole hop unit.

Bushings are cheap enough to get hold of btw

But to save u opening the gearbox up for now, just replace the hopunit + rubber + nub + barrel

And see how u go from there
                  sigpic

Comment

Update:

M100 + TK rifled barrel installed. Skirmished for the first time on Sunday, and I'm happy with the result! The range and accuracy increase is not massive, but is noticeable, and I got a few kills that I wouldn't have had before!

On the downside, I probably made some mistake in shimming the gearbox, and my sector gear is gone

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tommyVega Find out more about tommyVega
                    Working...
                    X