Very hot Tamyia connector and non-firing AEG, Don't know whats up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very hot Tamyia connector and non-firing AEG, Don't know whats up

My VFC Scar is proving to have some kind of electrical problems.

When I put my battery in and try to fire a few rounds it will only fire one or two. At first I thought the battery was flat but you usually get a few wofal attempts to rack the spring back so that set the alarm bells ringing. I was using an 8.4v 1400mah battery and I usually use a 10.8v ( The VFC manual says the SCAR is safe up to 12v)

I was going to change the battery when the AEG tamyia connector was very very hot The wires leading to the stock are also hot and there is a very faint click when the trigger is pulled. Normally there is no sound at all when the trigger is pulled. It sounds like a spark but I cant smell any burning, which I guess is a good thing. I have had the fuse removed before hand and was wondering if this might be the cause, or anything else.. Trigger contacts maybe?

Anyway can anyone give me some advice? I'm a complete novice when it comes to this stuff so I'd want an expert to have at look at it should I need to replace/repair anything.
    Last edited by apmaman; 24 June, 2009, 23:21.
    SAVE OUR SPORT
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Re: Very hot Tamyia connector and non-firing AEG, Don't know whats up

I think it's just a locking up of the gearbox in one way or another. If the motor is heating up then the current is running through it but theres i too much resistance, probably mechanical.

Open up your mechbox or have someone do it and have a look.
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
    Tokyo Marui P90
    HFC M9 Special Forces
    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Short circuit! Stop firing immediately!

Look for bare wires insides, especially in or near the mechbox.

Comment

Try running the motor out of the pistol grip

Army Armament L85A1
        Tokyo Marui P90
        HFC M9 Special Forces
        KSC Glock 18c

Comment

had this with my m14, same symtoms. Can't remember whether the techie said anti reversal latch ot selector plate, but the problem was one of them two
          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Sometimes the anti reversal latch can flip round, therefore forcing itself in the way of the gears and not allowing any turn.

I assume it's this because the motor still ticks and just struggles to move and the current running through heats it up very quickly. If it was a short circuit I don't think the motor would tick

Army Armament L85A1
            Tokyo Marui P90
            HFC M9 Special Forces
            KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies.

I'll send it in somewhere to get fixed because I'm too scared to open up my gearbox, plus the selector switch on the Scar is meant to be a pain in the arse to put together again. I'll leave that headace for a pro.

M100 spring here we come:D
              SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

apmaman Find out more about apmaman
              Working...
              X