Clear All

Re: mosfet

I use the extreme fire one's in all my guns
    they are fully programable and do 1 complete cycle
    i would look in to them
    TAE

Comment

Totally know where your coming from Midas. I should really take more time to think about my replies however. And give more valid information onto other members of the forum.

On another note as Midas said, AB mosfets have a higher tendancy to fail, when overloaded with heat and power. Infected Airsoft mosfet being a prime example. It's a brilliant mosfet don't get me wrong. But it doesn't like very high draw setups. I.E if your using an 11.1v lipo and a high speed motor. It's going to get very, very hot and be more open to failures. When these fail your rifle will then fire in full auto, until A) the mosfet totally dies B) you unplug the battery.

Would be rather bad if it happened in the safe zone and you still had a loaded mag in your rifle (although this shouldn't be the case you never know who's forgetful).

Comment

The problem with MOSFETs is that due to their construction, their failure mode is usually on.
        One way to look at it is that the drain-source channel is a hose that current (or blue smoke, if you prefer ) flows through. The voltage on the gate pin pinches that hose to restrict the flow. That's why MOSFETs are so good for the motor drive application - very low on resistance.

When something blows, 9 times out of 10, the blockage can't happen, so the current flows straight through. In most cases, I think the solder would melt before the channel in the MOSFET breaks down.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sanborn i like airsoft and am in cadets i also like football Find out more about sanborn
        Working...
        X