Waht are bore-up cylinder sets for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waht are bore-up cylinder sets for?

Got a little confused whilst looking at internal upgrade parts, can someone please help? Basically i would like to know what is unique about these 'bore-up' cylinder sets and what makes them different from other cylinders, cylinder heads, piston heads etc. that you can buy. Also are they supposed to be used with tight bore barrels or anything?

Re: Waht are bore-up cylinder sets for?

are you talking about a vsr, and pdi sets?
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

no, the bore-up cylinder sets for an AEG lie an M4 or MP5. They are made by systema and possibly 1or 2 other brands

Comment

ok i see, well i wouldn't really know then.
        Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Bore up kits have a larger volume in which to compress air, the external diameter is the same so it will fit but the internal diameter is bigger. This translates into an increase in fps as there is more air being compressed. it is advisable to get one of these if youre putting a larger than stock barrel (bigger than m16 length) to compensate for the larger volume in the barrel.

Comment

We don't normally need it here for our set up (328-350fps), stock cylinder's enough. But if you are planning to convert an AEG to a 500FPS DMR semi locked then you have to consider saving for a Bore Up Upgrade.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hugo03 Find out more about Hugo03
            Working...
            X