gearboxs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearboxs?

ok i got a Dboys SPR. im gonna be putting an FTK in it. becasue the FTK is guarder, does it mean it will only work in TM GBs? i have a CA one which i would prefer to use as it has 7mm bushings not 6.
    anyone done this and know which GB is best?

Re: gearboxs?

it should not matter as all V2 shells are the same , me my self i would go with the CA shell
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

yer i will do, i thought it would be better. thanks for you help mate

Comment

any problems let us know

Comment

I had a JG box in my d-boys M4 for a while and it didn't sit correctly, forcing the hop out of line.

Don't forget that the d-boys body doesn't pivot like most M4/M16 design AEGs (assuming the SPR has the same set up) and this may cause you an issue with other makes of box.

In the end, I had to buy one of the newer d-boys boxes with the 7mm bearings and the reinforced castings to get round the problem.
          sigpic

Comment

no the gearbox is a clone of CA which is why it doesnt pivot, like CA. on them you take out the front bolt and the top sildes rather than tips like the real steel and TM,JG.
            but you have just steer me further away from getting marui as they have the same mech box as marui which as you say sits differently. i think ill use my CA but im worried that the FTK wont fit oh well, nothing ventured, nothing ganed is all im gonna say:D

Comment

???? ok the v2 gearbox is no different from a ca to tm ( ca will be a little better in place's) the difference on how they come part only affects the hop unit

the only difference in the v2 gb shell is g3/mp5 v2's dont have the cut outs at the back

tm have one of the best v2s on the market change the spring and bushings your on to a winner

Comment

If CA always kept to the original dimensions there wouldn't be any compatibility issues, but unfortunately they don't. The same goes for the majority of the clone gearbox manufacturers, its generally just poor QC.
                The most common issue i've had with CA gearboxes is that the cylinder head support posts are too thick (easily fixed with a dremel).

Most of the "reinforced" gearboxes are just beefed up in the wrong places, the flaw is at the front corners of the cylinder windows, not around the gears. I wouldn't advise pushing up to M120 with the TM V2.

King Arms are very true to the original dimensions, I've never had any fitment issues with any of those, both V2 and V3. The Systema shell is also very good, but the KA is better value for money and their bearing size range goes all the way to 9mm now.
                There are other V2s that are much stronger, but they are difficult to find these days.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

There's a lot to choose from, from 6-9mm bearing reinforced GB, From Deep fire, Hurricane, G&P plus all that was mentioned above. The question is, what you really like and how much dough you're gonna spend.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                  Working...
                  X