Nozzle position/feed issue- Kalash AK74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nozzle position/feed issue- Kalash AK74

I have a feeding/nozzle issue with my AK74 that I have so far been unable to solve. For a reason I have been unable to fathom the nozzle appears to 'miss-timed' with the gearbox and so causes a minor feed problem. The nozzle seems to sit too far forward 'at rest' so when I put in a mag it doesn't allow a BB to feed into the hop unit, meaning the first shot is a dry fire. The nozzle cycles in the normal manner, so from then on the BBs feed fine and the gun fires ok with no feed issues until the chamber has been cleared and a fresh mag loaded.

It is possible I am losing a little power though since the gun isn't firing at the right time- ie when the nozzle is properly sealed against the hop. I'd expect about 330fps for the parts but was only getting 290fps on the last check, although that may be different as I've rebuilt it since.

Gearbox internals are all Guarder (from an upgrade kit) except the gears (Guarders were too tight a fit in the bearings for my liking) and the tappet which is Systema. Spring is an SP90. It has a TM hop & bucking with Prometheus TB barrel which perform fine.

Its not a major problem and I have kind of got used to it but it still annoys me so I'd like to fix it if possible. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how it could be solved? I've tried 3 different tappet plates and 2 nozzles to no effect. Nozzle movement and shimming seem fine. Anyone have any ideas? Would a sector clip be worth a try?

Re: Nozzle position/feed issue- Kalash AK74

I had a similar problem when I opened my gearbox, and the nozzle wouldn't move properly.
    It turned out that I put a shim on the wrong place (the sector gear), and the tappet plate wouldn't cycle as supposed...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lardassmonkey Find out more about Lardassmonkey
    Working...
    X