High rof (again im sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High rof (again im sorry)

So I finally got my bits all problems solved BUT motors got mega over spin , now I know this can and will be solved by a mosfet .

The main issues are battery lasts no time at all bearing in mind I only use mini batteries (1600 MaH)and I got a biggish spring (m110) and a high rof motor (element max speed) .
    Im planning on solving this by converting my p90 to big batteries.

Other problem is the gun misfeeds every now and again and sometimes spits out a couple of bbs (around 3-4) ...
    Im thinking this is because I couldn’t find my tappet plate spring so I'm using a pen spring 0.o or lack of a mosfet.

Thanks for your time and help scott.

Re: High rof (again im sorry)

There is a battery mod for the p90 so you can use large batteries

You do not need a MOSFET to solve over spin this is caused by incorrect angle of engagement

You need to install a sector gear clip to solve your feeding issues

Sent from iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by crimson View Post
      You do not need a MOSFET to solve over spin this is caused by incorrect angle of engagement
      That's not even possible?! It's the end of the cycle, not the beginning.

Overspin is the momentum left in the motor and gear set continuing onto the next shot. If you have an active braking mosfet, that forces the motor to stop when the power is cut, therefore solves overspin.

Comment

the p90 cut off lever can wear.. defo worth an aftermarket version. You can adjust the trigger blade and cut off to get rid of over spin, but an ab mosfet is easier for most.

Comment

Just to point out, you don't have to add add kinds of weird things to a P90 to make it useable. Not sure why people do, you'd not stick a hopper on top of a M4 for example, lol.

Anyway, back on topic. A small 7.4v lipo (which is no more harmful than a good large 8.4v Nihm) plus a mosfet will fit inside the P90 with no mods required

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            That's not even possible?! It's the end of the cycle, not the beginning.

Overspin is the momentum left in the motor and gear set continuing onto the next shot. If you have an active braking mosfet, that forces the motor to stop when the power is cut, therefore solves overspin.
            AOE does effect over spin

incorrect AOE= excess torque ie torque wasted in the air before it hits the piston, if the torque is not wasted by correct AOE over spin is reduced or corrected

I have managed to solve all my high ROF weaons talking above 45RPS + with this issue

I can upload videos before and after in fact check out my you tube theres some showing this where i got overspin and solved it with AOE

Comment

Well I spent the whole of today shimming it and doing stuff like AOE but i will check again today and yes I had a gear clip on my old gears but the new gears I got was to big but I'l just mod the clip to fit.

So do you guys think the pen spring will be fine ..... The nozzle seemed better when pushed in and out tbh.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry ive got to agree with jag on this, aoe simply affects the longevity of the piston and how smoothly it picks it up, especially when using a weaker spring.

Overspin is the gun retaining power and firing a second shot beofr eht epower is disconnected. Which is why increasing the timing of the disconnect is the best way of correcting over spin. The less time it takes to disconnect the power the better.

If adjusting AOE helped it was simply a coincidence, all the videos in the world doesnt change the facts of what and aoe adjustment is and what overspin is.

Comment

Oh ok it must be co incidence then

Anyway yeah failing that install a mosfet

Comment

Battery life solved by putting in m100

Misfeeding still present ..... when dad comes home (he has all the tools in his truck) I will mod a gear clip.

Comment

youll need a stronger spring in the tappet plate to remove misfeeds...

Comment

Yeah thanks erm well I will find one (HOPEFULLY) if not im abit stuffed .

Comment

Everything is now fixed

found a proper spring for tapet plate and some how the motor doesent over spin as much.

Thanks everyone for your help.....

mods please close

Only bad thing non of my mids feed in it LOL

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                          Working...
                          X