M14 Fire Selector Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Fire Selector Solution

Hey guys, does any body have a solution to limiting a TM M14 to single shot with the fire selector??

Cant seem to source a new one anywhere and I threw the old one away years ago thinking it couldnt be re-used DOH!

Cheers all!

Re: M14 Fire Selector Solution

all i did was take the fire selector arm off that goes around the back over the top of the motor box if that makes sence?

Comment

Originally posted by ashm14 View Post
      all i did was take the fire selector arm off that goes around the back over the top of the motor box if that makes sence?
      That is / was part of what originally broke so the gun is stuck in full auto...

cheers

Comment

hmm strange is both srings on the other side still there? because the spring n mine holds it on single

Comment

Originally posted by ashm14 View Post
          hmm strange is both srings on the other side still there? because the spring n mine holds it on single
          PM me your email and I will send you a picture, this was one of the first Tm M14s which were plagued with this i believe lol

Comment

The arm which ashm14 is talking about pushes the cut-off lever to enable full auto, take it off and you'll have your semi ready to go

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
              The arm which ashm14 is talking about pushes the cut-off lever to enable full auto, take it off and you'll have your semi ready to go
              Have attached a picture see what you think...

cheers

Comment

Well, you've removed the selector bar.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                  Well, you've removed the selector bar.
                  Aye thats what broke lol Cant find replacement any where :'(

Comment

you have removes the selector which makes it DEFAULT to single only! if its not firing single only you need to replace the cut off lever, a 3min job from the photo.

Comment

Cheers guys you've all been great :D Thanks :D

Comment

""The arm which ashm14 is talking about pushes the cut-off lever to enable full auto""

yeh that haha which cerbo knight is on about lol my tech knoledge is not that great hehe

Comment

The selector arm is gone, that's why there isn't Semi Auto.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Whoops. Didn't notice that, I mean the selector arm when removed locks it to semi auto. That's how it is on all TM based M14's, not too sure on the G&G/CA though.
                            But yours is a TM M14, the selector arm is gone so it should be on semi, if its not as you say, and only full auto then the cut-off lever is worn down and needs replacing. Steel is the way to go.

Comment

HI guys,
                              I've stripped down my CA m14 Scout, (I'd only ever messed with the V2 gearbox) and added a "Gate" Mosfet while I was at it, and having rebuilt the gearbox, Im facing the same problem... that metal arm on the left side of the gearbox, how exactly does it work in preventing the gearbox from doing the full auto cycle? I've removed the selector and the plastic arms that come around from the right, and the spring is there, holding the front part of the metal arm down, but still, I've got full auto.

I've even tried putting the selector back on, and both positions spit hellfire... so... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blytm Find out more about blytm
                              Working...
                              X