Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui M4 Recoil- not stopping on empty mags

Hi folks,

as the title suggests, my M4 will not lock when I'm on empty- for some reason the latch at the back of the magazines (regardless of which one I have in) is not engaging the bolt stop.
    I at first thought that the catch on the inside of the gun was getting caught/bent out of place/broken but i put my hand in the mag well and exerted the tiniest amount of pressure on the catch (and I mean small enough to tickle an ant without crushing it) and the catch engaged no problem.

I'm stumped!

Re: Tokyo Marui M4 Recoil- not stopping on empty mags

Same thing mate, it's happening with me too.

Only thing is, I've been using the Cyclone7 mag pipe adaptor for me to use normal mags, so not been noticing the issue.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I don't get it at all, there's absolutely nothing to stop it from doing what it's blinking well supposed to do! It's very vexing, considering I eventually caved to peer pressure and jumped on the M4 recoil am bestest bandwagon that has, for me anyway, broken down with no roadside assistance...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwy24oYaVCE

Comment

It must be every one of my mags then (I have 8) or something else is wrong. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Actually just taken a magazine apart that doesn't want to function in the gun properly and (to my surprise) it was squeaky clean- nothing to stop the latch working. Back to square one then...

Comment

I get a lot through and its never once been the guns fualt for the mags not working the bolt catch.

90% dirty mags, 10% bad ammo, 0% gun.

Like you have already tested the gun only requires the slightest touch, so its either the mag or the ammo.

Clean it again, and then try some guarder ammo. I say guarder ammo becuase its tried and tested and always feeds, its good from a testing point of view.

Is it feeding every last bb out of the mag, you need to see all bbs feed and the feed nub needs to be poking all the way out with the lever in and upright posiiton. If not then you need to clean it so the mag lever operates correctly as the feed nub reaches the top.

Comment

Might be ammo, been using excel .2s but I was intending to use Marui .25s (everyone else at my site uses them anyway). The mags are feeding every round.

I'll clean all the mags now I'm back and let you know what's what.

Comment

Right, mags cleaned out with a damp cloth- I was super surprised to see that there was only dust inside these mags and there was hardly any of that (I've only used this gun once and I bought it second hand from the forums). They've been very well looked after- I believe I got it from a friend of yours Richardy.

Still not functioning the way it should- I should note that when an empty mag is inserted into the gun, there is a small movement in the bolt release, as if it's catching but not enough to move it fully.

Comment

I had that problem, It soo easy to fix you have to open the mags and move the slider that moves the BB's further up to it catches up on the lever that stops the bolt. Ie flip or move it so that when it it moves the latch it will hit that little bit on the back of the back the moves the bolt in order to stop. I had this weird problem too..but when I opened the mag and had a good look i realized how to fix it.. Its really simple..Sorry If I was not clear..but PM if you need more help?
                    Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

if this keeps being a problem ill cnc new levers.. But after i clean my mags they work fine.

Comment

Nothing appears to work- I gave the mags a really good clean.

When I push the follower into an empty mag and then release it using the catch, the lever at the back of the mag springs up with good bit of force, more than enough to engage the catch in the gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Patrolpointman Find out more about Patrolpointman
                        Working...
                        X