CA M15A4 firing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M15A4 firing issue

I have just purchased a CA M15A4 off these forums. And it doesn't fire in Semi (Yes i knew when i bought it) is it an easy job to replace the selector switch

Re: CA M15A4 firing issue

Depends what the reason is for not firing in semi really. The switch itself is not likely to be the cause (unless you know otherwise).

My money is on a broken selector plate, or the cut off leaver not working correctly.

When you say don't fire. Do you mean on semi nothing happens, it is like being on safety, or that it fires full auto.

Comment

It fires on full auto while on semi. However safety still works

Comment

Looks like you're heading inside you gun!

If you're lucky, the selector plate is broken. Which is a job you can do without getting inside the mechbox. Failing that, the cut off leaver is not working. Which could be anything from needing some lube, to broken.

I take it that it had semi auto working at some point before hand?

Comment

Yeah, ive been told by the Zero-One Tech guys that the CA selector plates are always first to go in the rifles. They seem to think its that. I'm just trying to save myself money if i can do it myself

Comment

If you're not confident giving it a go, most local sites will have somebody there willing to have a look for free (or a minimal fee).

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll see what happens, just sold my rifle so i may send it off for a service, could then get a mosfet fitted and high speed gears XD

Comment

my G&P M4 had the same problem but only now only works on semi only

i replaced with a new switch so the best bet is the selector plate or cut off lever

i need to replace my selector also as it doesnt work on auto

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
                Working...
                X