Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M3000 motor - Screeching

Hi,
    just installed a new ICS 3000 Turbo Motor purchased from Zero One, and it is making a high pitched screeching noise, the connectors are on the right way, but I have noticed sparks from inside the housing, as you would expect me thinks, is this motor meant to do this or is there something wrong with it......
    Really annoyed....
    Thx

Re: ICS M3000 motor - Screeching

This motor is very screechy anyway, just the way it is. re sparks, i never really looked when i was firing

Comment

I noticed the sparks when I was testing the motor out of the gearbox, the screeching noise is very similar to the noise which occured when I sheared my pinion gear or when the motor has been pushed to far into the GB housing, I cant believe the motor would make this much noise, surely...?

Comment

the sparks are caused by the new brushes they will bed in

Comment

As said they are loud.
          But out of the box they should sound more or less like any other.
          It deffo shouldnt high pitch screech out of the box/gun

Comment

On some motors the shroud between the pinion and the top of the motor can screech if they dont have bearings.

I assume you have checked the motor height.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I would think that they'd need a few thousand shots to bed in fully. But the Turbo3000 can be a slightly loud motor.

On the flip side, short of getting a Systema Magnum, it's gonna have some of the most torque you can get out of a motor. But mine has been reliable through many hundreds of thousands of shots and it's still going very strong!

Comment

Thanks, the motor was connected to the batt outside of the gearbox and tested, it started off OK, but after several spins up's it developed into a loud screech, doesn't sound happy, I get the vibe that its a duffer (Zero One stand by for incoming)...

Does anybody else have any experience of these motors?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kzJG...eature=related

this is the normal sound, see what I mean about it being naturally screechy?

but yeah if yours is being horrific, then by all means give zeroone a buzz.

Comment

bit of lube on it should sort the screeching, put some bearing oil on the bearings, not oo much
                    sigpic

Comment

The Dream Army ones are terrible for a screech but a little lube sorts that out then they are a fantastic motor.
                      Gun tech.

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                        I would think that they'd need a few thousand shots to bed in fully. But the Turbo3000 can be a slightly loud motor.

On the flip side, short of getting a Systema Magnum, it's gonna have some of the most torque you can get out of a motor. But mine has been reliable through many hundreds of thousands of shots and it's still going very strong!
                        All the clone motors are fantastic, any torque motor with neo magnets will very torquie and have good speed too. You do not have to spend Systema money to out do Systema performance for their drop in gearboxes. Any good techie can out build those.
                        Gun tech.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                          All the clone motors are fantastic, any torque motor with neo magnets will very torquie and have good speed too. You do not have to spend Systema money to out do Systema performance for their drop in gearboxes. Any good techie can out build those.
                          Is there any way to modify a Turbo3000 to make it more torquey than a Systema Magnum then?

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
                            Is there any way to modify a Turbo3000 to make it more torquey than a Systema Magnum then?
                            Yes. Rewind it.
                            Gun tech.

Comment

Cheers everyone, gave the motor a bit of lube and it seems to have resolved the screeching, happy again now... Better go and pick up my toys..lol
                              Thx again

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Skirmisher1 Ex Military, full time Dad. Find out more about Skirmisher1
                              Working...
                              X