TM Piston - Spring jammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Piston - Spring jammed

Is it possible to remove the spring from TM pistons? I've got a brand new one (MP5) and it won't come out.

Re: TM Piston - Spring jammed

They have an annoying little hook built into the spring. You'll have to take off the piston head.

Comment

Thanks - does it unscrew?

Comment

Yup. If you can't get the annoying bit of plastic off to access the screw, then clamp the pistol head in a wood clamp, and turn the piston. Should unscrew.

Comment

by the way... if you use a clamp (or similar) then pad the jaws with something.. A soft cloth is ideal.... You could leave teeth marks or damage the piston head if you dont... and that ruins it somewhat.

I had trouble with one once, where the screw started to undo, but then just started twisting... I broke the spring out :p .... Obviously I was down one stock TM spring as a result, but it wasnt a problem.

Comment

Cheers.

What an annoying "feature".

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
              by the way... if you use a clamp (or similar) then pad the jaws with something.. A soft cloth is ideal.... You could leave teeth marks or damage the piston head if you dont... and that ruins it somewhat.

I had trouble with one once, where the screw started to undo, but then just started twisting... I broke the spring out :p .... Obviously I was down one stock TM spring as a result, but it wasnt a problem.

Yeah, I use a soft wood clamp though, so it's not so much of an issue. Good advice all the same.

And yeah, first time when I could get the piston head off I just snapped the spring.

Comment

I too had the problem of it not completely screwing off, so I made the small hole in the middle of the piston head bigger until I could take the screw out with a screwdriver. I'm not sure if this changes the air seal or not though as I did not leave that head on the piston, but after smoothing out the edges it seemed well enough.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                Working...
                X