G&P M4 pile of useless sh*t - help please before i bin it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M4 pile of useless sh*t - help please before i bin it

Took my G&P M4 CQB out for the first time today - note FIRST TIME. First time out in gods fresh air.

First shot on semi and it locked up. About half out later i shot a quick burst of full auto and the bloody thing kept going and wouldn't stop firing. Couldn't get it to stop. Couldn't get the f*****g magpul moe stock off to get to the battery cos the 'special tool' was in my bag.

It ran the lipo down and now thats knackered.

Not impressed. I was told G&P were good. Good my arse.

Any ideas before i throw £300 worth in the bin!!
    Last edited by old_and_slow; 20 March, 2011, 18:39. Reason: adding more rant

Re: G&P M4 pile of useless sh*t - help please before i bin it

If it's brand new rather than second hand, could you not return it as faulty for repair/replace?

My guess would be that the trigger or cut-off lever would be causing those issues.

Comment

to me that sounds like the trigger contacts were too tight and when you pulled the trigger the contacts 'grabbed' hold of the trigger peice. too fix that all you need to do is strip it down and then bend the trigger contacts out a little bit.

the locked on semi bit could also be too do with the above

Comment

or the 11.1v lipo welded the trigger contacts together.
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

yep with jebus on this , does it have a mosfet fitted ? g&p switch blocks arnt the best and do have a habbit of disforming under high auto usage with a 9.6, its an easy fix so go binning it ( i have a nice empty bin here if you do )
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

thanks for the ideas - its a 7.4v lipo so i imagine its not down to the voltage.

I will have a look at the contacts.

There is no mosfet fitted (YET) as its literaly just out the box however I may have to fit one sooner rather than later.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
            X