Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help....wires and switch blocks

hey guys

would a ics m4 switch block work on all version 2 gearbox's?

and i have a airfet mosfet do i need to use the same gauge wires the mosfet have to install it?

eg can i use silver low resistance wires with it?

Re: help....wires and switch blocks

I believe they're slightly different. My friend bought an ICS switch block and it didn't fit his gun properly, and I've been having trouble fitting various switch blocks to a V2 gearbox, including an ICS one.

I think if you do put an ICS switch assembly in the trigger won't reach it to pull it properly. You can remedy it by using an ICS trigger but I'd play it safe and get another brand of switch.

Comment

oh cheers

can you help me out with the mosfet question?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Which wires are you unsure about with the mosfet? I mean you can use pretty much any wire for the signal wires (the two that go to the trigger), I chopped up an old power supply for mine. Any wire down to a 22awg would be fine. The important wires are the ones that go to the battery and motor, which need to be as high-a quality as you can get, as they are the ones that manage the power. I have no experience with the quality of the silver stuff, having used 16awg silicone wire for pretty much any gun I have tinkered with.

Comment

As above mate, you dont really need the thickness that's on the MOSFET.
            Low resistance 16awg is more than enough.
            Originally posted by Artekus
            It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

cheers lads!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Modizle Find out more about Modizle
              Working...
              X