G&P Gearbox Motor Connectors Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P Gearbox Motor Connectors Help

I'm kicking myself here because I have definitely read the answer to this in an old post but can't find it now! Either it was longer ago than I thought, or I'm using the wrong search words

Anyhoo - got myself a new G&P gearbox that has those little round motor connectors instead of the usual spade connectors.

I know these screw onto the motor, but does anyone know a good source for the correct screw? They appear to be tiny!

It's either that or I can snip them off and fit spades, but I think screwing them on might be a bit more reliable - had spades pop off the motor in the past

Re: G&P Gearbox Motor Connectors Help

Just use spades really. If you did plan to upgrade your motor, then the small hole for the screw on the current wiring may be too small for other motors. But spades would work with any motor.

Spades only "pop off" when they're not gripping the motor terminal enough. So, I'd get some pliers and tighten them up.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Re: G&P Gearbox Motor Connectors Help

I just expanded the hole on the connectors a little bit, just using an old cheap screwdriver until it made a hole just tight enough for a regular motor screw to tap into it. It now works with an eg1000 and a JG high speed and there is far less risk of a screw falling into the motor, which I am really anal about, having scrapped two motors so far by doing that...

Does your motor not come with screws attached to it already?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

julesbloke Find out more about julesbloke
      Working...
      X