Motor?Selector? problem, i dont know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor?Selector? problem, i dont know?

Hey everyone, ive got a problem with my dboys kas pdw.

When i connect everything up, without the motor inside the gearbox it runs fine (as in the motor moves) but when i put the motor inside the gearbox, nothing, no move from the motor plus you can see sparks coming from the switch block.

I got it working for a couple of semi pulls and then it just cut out.

Anyone got any suggestions?
    sigpic

Re: Motor?Selector? problem, i dont know?

Originally posted by Dead_Fred View Post
    Hey everyone, ive got a problem with my dboys kas pdw.

When i connect everything up, without the motor inside the gearbox it runs fine (as in the motor moves) but when i put the motor inside the gearbox, nothing, no move from the motor plus you can see sparks coming from the switch block.

I got it working for a couple of semi pulls and then it just cut out.

Anyone got any suggestions?
    Is the anti-reversal latch in correctly? If so, are your gears shimmed as they were when the gun worked?

What did you do when you took it apart? Were you changing something?

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Hey Bluegill,

well i had to change the wires on the switchblock.

I havnt opened it up since it worked fine.

Also when you get rid of the baseplate on the bottom of the pistol grip and use screw driver to push it down it works (although not proberly but im guessing cause is not at the right height)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Fred View Post
        Hey Bluegill,

well i had to change the wires on the switchblock.

I havnt opened it up since it worked fine.

Also when you get rid of the baseplate on the bottom of the pistol grip and use screw driver to push it down it works (although not proberly but im guessing cause is not at the right height)
        That's beyond my lack of expertise I'm afraid mate. Someone will be along soon. I was going to say something about motor height, but I'm probably wrong.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Have you upgraded the motor?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Well i changed the pistol grip to a normal m4 one so i did get a new motor at the same time, it doesnt matter now anyway as the switch block has burnt out so im considering giving it to someone else to sort out.
            sigpic

Comment

right,

firstly dont do the work again

the problem was more then likely the wrong polarity

so the wires were connected wrongly on motor or trigger block,

also the AR latch could have been inserted wrongly, causing a jam and a short

get a new trigger unit, and get your local shop to fit it, as they wont give it back unless the weapon works,

well they should anyway....

Comment

I got a new switch block and fitted it.

The problem seems to be the pistol grip, when you put the pistol grip onto the gearbox without being in the lower reciever it works fine but when you put it in the lower reciever and connect the pistol grip to it it doesnt spin the gears, you can hear a clicking, im guessing its the motor trying to spin.

Ive also tried two different pistol grips and its the same.

I dont have any local shops to be so i can just drop it off, also i was hoping to get it working for the 3rd but i dont think ive got a chance, ive sent about 6 hours working on it today. Only thing i can do is give it to someone at my site to have a look at.
                sigpic

Comment

to me it sounds like one of 3 things, could be the shimming, when you open a gearbox, you should always reshim it and relube etc, if the circuit was shorted i dont think the motor would even attempt to move. make sure your motore moves freely in and out the pistol grip with a springing action, check your motor height, until the aeg sounds as quiet as possible with no screeching/grinding. and lastly make sure the arl is in the right way round as if not youll jam up, but doubt anyone would be able to put that in wrong.... would they?
                  sigpic

Comment

also is the gearbox actually fastened to the lower receiver when you put it in there to test it, as in holding pins in etc, as that would affect the alignment of the bevel gear and the pinion gear on the motor, make sure all pins are in when testing..... didnt read properly first hence above post
                    sigpic

Comment

If it works out of the lower reciever but not in the lower reciever, it sounds like something is out of allignment when you put everything together. If your motor has a shroud on it that can sometimes be a problem. Depending on what motor you bought that can also be a problem, Element ones can be fussy which grips they fit into.

OOY watch it you, taking words out of my mouth...lol.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

payback for taking money out my pocket i guess
                        sigpic

Comment

My hand has never been anywhere near your pocket.....Just like to point that out...eh..hem...
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Hey guys,

Shimming was done when i did it orginal so i presumed it as alright, it was regreased as when i open it it was bare which suprised me as when i took it apart first time i did clean it and regrease it and i havnt actual played with it proberly.

Ive checked height, makes no difference but ill have a look at the spring make sure thats alright.

Also it was attached the lower reciever by all pins expect the mag catch but it seems to line up alright.

Also the motor does have a shroud and make is a SHS i think.
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dead_Fred Find out more about Dead_Fred
                            Working...
                            X