Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG G36c prowin hop chamber

Hi all,

I have a Prowin Hop Chamber for my JG G36c with its stock gearbox. I got it ages ago but came accross a problem so shelved the gun. I want to fix it now but need help please.

Below is a picture of my problem. You can see the blue Prowin Chamber with the nozzle(?) from the gearbox inside it.
    When the gun fires the nozzle moves back and forth. Only sometimes does it stop far enough back for a bb to load, but thats about 1 in 10 shots. This is when I fire on semi.
    Long story short, BB's dont feed from the mag as the nozzle is in the way.
    Is the nozzle to long for this hop chamber?

Any thoughts welcomed as I am no techy but willing to give fixing it a go with your help.
    If gear box dissambly is required I'll get a site techy to do it.

Re: JG G36c prowin hop chamber

The standard JG nozzle is about Aug length I believe so yes, it may be too long for this chamber.
    I have however found with the standard chamber however, that the chamber itself had to be shimmed away from the gearbox on both of my G36's for them to feed properly due to the way the mag well sits etc.

Comment

I assume the gun fires(d) ok with the original hop unit?

Comment

The gun fires fine with the original hop unit.
        The Prowin unit is slightly longer I think.

I tried adding some plastic to sit between the hop unit and GB shell to effectively reduce the length of the nozzle but to no avail.

Just wanted to check here if there was something that is staring me in the face obvious that I should habve done. Though I think this may need to go to someone more experienced than me to fix.

Comment

I've heard of people using M4 nozzles to compensate for the increased length.

Actually, I'm rating this 5 star as I'd like to know a solution to, as someone considering buying one!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I fitted one to my dsg, unfortunatly I have loads of work on so I dont have time for my own...lol... But my dsg wasnt firing bbs properly either so if I get time I will do some experimenting and let you know. Maybe file a little off the nozzle as mine is metal.

Making gaps between the hop and gearbox is usually not a good thing to do. You usually have to pack the hop towards the gear box to make a better seal. Obviously if they are longer this isnt the case here but I still wouldn't be trying to have a gap between the gear box and hop.
            Last edited by North West Outpost; 25 March, 2011, 11:06.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yeah thats what I thought Midas. The whole point of the ProWin unit is to create a better seal.

My nozzle is plastic as its the basic JG gearbox sans mods. Istarted to file it a bit but then got put off the idea as I felt I was creating another problem (an F'd up nozzle).

If you can have an experiment when you have time or if anyone else who has a clue can have a butch at this problem I'd be greatful.

Comment

I have two guns and three more gear boxes to sort befor I can think of looking at my own at the minute.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Fitted one of these to my jg g36. Same problem. The nozzle is indeed to long. Fit a classic army one, its only a mil or so shorter but will sort it out.

Comment

i have one in my JG g36c, not sure if it is prowin, but its a CNC type blue metal.
                    had issues fitting until i noticed that i had to remove the forward screws on the gearbox for it to sit nicely in the groove that is in the hop up...
                    May not be the same problem but it's worth looking into?
                    Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RetardTheBear I like toy guns and am old enough to know better... Find out more about RetardTheBear
                    Working...
                    X