Auto Only Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Only Help!

I know this has been covered before, but i dont think it has with pictures! and im a noob and dont know what you would call all the internal parts! but i can only guess that this is the selector plate! mine appears to be broken! but i was wondering if this is whats making my gun only be safe of Auto!

heres the pic, thanks

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: Auto Only Help!

hi fella yes your selector plate is broken but a break there should make the gun semi only not full auto
    if its full auto only the other main thing is the cut off lever is warn or broken ( its in the gun see the little spring on the plate that goes to it )
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

i think you mean the little cast metal grey piece? it seems fine?

thanks

Comment

ok cool take the switch block out and have a look at the block its self for wear and look at the end of the cast metal(cut off lever) that moves the block i had 1 gb 2 weeks ago that had warn there

Comment

looks fine to me, i'v got that off.. Havent taken the whole trigger assembly off, havent done that before! the piece isnt worn i dont think. where is it meant to strike? i presume the eliptical shape under the gear pushes it down and latches on something?
          thanks,
          chandler

Comment

its this area on the cut off your looking at

and the little block that moves in the switch its self ( the side that makes contact with the cut off)

Comment

ok, i see that i'v took the trigger assembly off and everything looks ok.
              I think i can see the motion its meant to do. But when the trigger switch comes back it lets go and springs back forward?

Comment

also when i got it there was some spares... Actually i dont think they was spares... but they was floating around in the box!

no idea... lol

Comment

sorry about the gap in reply , did it fire a burst but if the trigger was pulled hard it would work in semi ?

anyways the first thing is to get a new plate if that does not solve the probs you can look closer

parts are : left to right

1, looks to be a cable holder that goes at the very from of the lower body
                  2, cable shield from the side of the gb
                  3, fake bolt / hop cover

Comment

hey mate,
                    jonny i think i have the same problem, in the sense that my lever has worn down, im looking at one now and it is one that works on single. measure from the bottom to the top of the cut of lever, the circled bit that sticks up, and see how high it is. if its worn down you might not know cos itll be smooth.
                    mine is 3.5mms high, measure yours?

Comment

hi sniper i know the 1 in my pic was not warn as its a new cut off lever on a G&P gb ( the prob with the gb was the block stopper was missing , just to the right of the screw)
                      but i will get some size's for you

but they are different from gb to gb , the src gb im working on atm the contacts are to close together so when on semi its going to a burst/auto till you pull hard on the trigger , its a quick fix and the tell tale was the burnt contacts

Comment

still doing it pulling hard on the trigger on either semi of full will result in Full auto.. and its difficult to fire single shots, and the spring will probably still be compressed too...

shall i get new cutoff switch?
                        chandler

Comment

if you want and as long as you cover postage i will look at the gb for you , i have worked on 2 other gb's for people off this site with semi-auto problems

Comment

Cheers mate! i'll try the cutoff switch and if not i'll post it over
                            thanks!

Chandler

Comment

Hey, been looking around on the internet and i cant seem to find that part anywhere! do i have to go and buy the entire trigger assembly? thats like £30! and i onl yneed the small plastic bit..?

Chandler

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                              Working...
                              X