Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 Socom DMR application.

Hi guys!

I'm looking for some advice on what specifically would be needed to upgrade a TM M14 SOCOM to a single shot 450-500fps DMR application.

I am assuming:- Torque up gears ( I assume stock motor is up to pulliung a spring back?) M130-140 Spring, bearing bushes, metal spring guide, reinforced piston/head/cylinder/head. Would stock gearbox casing be up to it? And I assume I need some sort of MOSFET to disallow full auto? What else?

Also, if I back order it all from Zero One, when do they charge my card? They day I order, the day they send or somewhere in between? And is the 20% discount on everything backorderd or just RIFs?

Cheers guys!
    Trader Feedback:-t0astie

Re: TM M14 Socom DMR application.

The M140 would get you nearer the velocity you're after.
    You will need steel bushings to start.

9.6v battery or higher for sharper trigger response.
    Steel gearset of standard ratio will be fine with a high torque motor (neodymium magnet based)
    OR the stock Motor with a higher ratio steel gear set.

Reinforced Piston, Guarder or Modify will do, though if you get a higher ratio Prometheus Gear set you may as well get one of their pistons instead, remember with Promy you need a V7 specific one.

Metal Spring Guide with Ball bearings.

An M140 should be fine with the Stock V7 shell,.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Don't forget ur precision barrel, there' a lot in the market, but we usually use prome. Regarding setting it to semi with a computerized mosfet, there are 2 great one's that's offered in the market today. It is what we've been using converting our M4/M16 based DMR's. If you need info about this computerized mosfets just drop me a PM, I am not allowed to discuss it here.
      Sniper jesus is quite right SP140 will definite give you your desired FPS.

Comment

Awesome thanks guys.

I have spoken to my main sight, and I misinterpreted the rules, for a semi auto gun 400 fps is the limit, as they know me they will allow a little over (420ish) as long as I know my distances and use sidearms within them.

So I assume the only change there is the m130, instead of the 140 which is fine.

I'll do some google research on the computerized mosfets, but I'll drop you a PM when I inevitibly get stuck.

But thanks again, there's some good info there!

Does anyone know about the zero one charges though when backordering? Do they charge straight away or when the items come in?
        Trader Feedback:-t0astie

Comment

SP130 can give you between 440-460FPS, I would like to suggest SP120 (I can easily run it to 430FPS max). Guarder spring are not true with there spring ratings, most are if you know what you're doin'.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

t0astie Find out more about t0astie
          Working...
          X