Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS mp5

Hi guys, wonder if you can help me.

I was using my mp5 on tuesday, it was working fine, then on friday I picked it up again & it just about managed to get 1 shot off before stopping. I recharged the battery & now it just sounds as if it has a low battery, motor sounds like its a struggle & extremly low ROF.

I dont think its the battery playing up as it was running full rate a couple of days before hand.

any suggestions???

I havent opened it up yet as I've nevery done anything like that on an AEG before, as far as I'm aware it is all stock, but it was second hand so not certain.

Thanks in advance

Re: ICS mp5

Make sure your charger is working.

Check the wiring inside the gun and all the connections ect..

Comment

Does the air coming out the end feel as powerful as usual too?

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the advice, sorry not to have got back to you sooner,

turns out its either the battery or the charger, tried another battery in it, works fine, tried the first battery in a different gun, could even pop off a single round.

will look for my other charger to try that, if not i guess it might be the battery that is knackard.

Also, on my main charger I get a red light when the battery is plugged into it, would that mean its dischrging? (not plugged into mains, MW2168)

ta in advance
        Alan

Comment

Depends on the charger, but if it's like mine then Red is charging, when you press the discharge button it turns Yellow, and Green means done
          TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
          Tokyo Marui P90
          HFC M9 Special Forces
          KSC Glock 18c

Comment

hey guys, sorry its been so long since I replied to this, but I have made some progress, both of my batterys charge & run fine on my 249, so its not electric side of it.

I had it working very slow like I said, so i decided to bite the bullet & look up on youtube how to dissasemble the gearbox for a good clean, now its not working at all lol, I think its deffinitly mechanical or just the motor on its way out. Will strip it again & take more care putting it back together this time.

just so you know, it now sounds like a read gun thats out of ammo hehe, it just makes a slight tick each time you pull the trigger as if something is jamming the gears on it.

Comment

hey again guys, just had the gun in bits on the floor, had a look at the piston assembly & everythings running nice n smooth, manually turned the grears without the spring in & it mesh's fine & spins smoothly, put it all back together, plugged in the battery, tick.........tick.........tick

took off the upper reciver & the piston is jamming about 85% back, I can push it back the last 15% & then it releases fine, only to get the same result again, strggles back to 85% & jams

I'm going to check the batterys yet again juse incase it was by chance it seemd to be working fine in the 249

I've not had chance to chrono this gun so I dont know if there is an aftermarket spring in there (as this was second hand) maybe the spring is too hard for the gun, or maybe the motor is about to give up the ghost & just not able to generate enough torque to pull the spring back.

I dont know, shows how new I am to owning my own equipment hehe

Comment

When you took it apart did you line it up correctly?

You needed the piston to be all the way forward (which it will with the spring) then the gear teeth need to be all not touching the piston.

So when the gears spin, the first tooth of the gear picks up the first tooth of the piston.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

votkov Find out more about votkov
                Working...
                X