Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shimming problem

Hey

Not used an SRC piston before specifically, but there should be a lug on the inside of the piston that the screw threads into (TM have this design). Use a long flat head screw driver to hold the lug in place, then unscrew the piston head from the other side.

Without holding the lug in place it'll spin freely as you try to unscrew the piston head.

J.
    Trader/Buyer Feedback score:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100014

Comment

Originally posted by Jamanyar View Post
      Hey

Not used an SRC piston before specifically, but there should be a lug on the inside of the piston that the screw threads into (TM have this design). Use a long flat head screw driver to hold the lug in place, then unscrew the piston head from the other side.

Without holding the lug in place it'll spin freely as you try to unscrew the piston head.

J.
      Ok cheers, will try that when I get home then
      Others till I die

Comment

Right, it now appears that somehow the bevel gear is in the GB at a slight angle... I've made a separate thread for it, with some pictures.
        Others till I die

Comment

did you seat the bearings properly ?

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
            did you seat the bearings properly ?
            As far as I can tell, yes. They are as far in as they can go... Check the thread for pictures: Here
            Others till I die

Comment

Hi guys, i'm having a similar problem. Got a TM MP5, i ate a piston, so fitted new steel bushings, an element piston and gear set and m95 spring. Shimmed gears fine, mount grip and motor so i can test it, fires a few times then jams. Had the bugger apart 7 times now, every thing free and not binding, but locks every time. Help!!! got a CQB game in 6 weeks in a load Of german bunkers in guernsey. Need to sort it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElCarl Find out more about ElCarl
              Working...
              X