Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&P Metal Body - do the dust covers close???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P Metal Body - do the dust covers close???

Just built an M4 with a shiney new G&P M4 VLTOR body. It looks great, but once I put the upper and lower together it's impossible to close the dust cover. The little catch (thingy with the springy ball on top) is too fat, trying to close the cover just means it hits the fake bolt (and therefore gearbox cylinder underneath). It's not the catch failing to engage, it's impossible to close it far enough to engage. Have I missed something obvious? With the upper off the gun - so no gearbox inside the cover closes normally.

It's not really a big deal, the fake bolt hides the hop up etc. Just seems a bit strange to design it not to close when assembled!

Re: G&P Metal Body - do the dust covers close???

you have a nice steel dustcover set for the body , they are ment to stay open like the real gun when in use , g&p do a flat cover with the catch missing but what you want is a fake bolt plate, they cover the hop and cylinder
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I have the same VLTOR upper, they aren't designed to close, bit gash but hey ho.....
      Signature Removed

Comment

Cheers guys - at least I'm not going mad I have the fake bolt that hides the hop, and I know it's open on the real thing when firing. I just thought it was a bit odd to include a working catch, that doesn't do anything

Comment

I got a new G&P Special Forces the other month and it came shipped like that, must just be a G&P thing..
          DJ AoS
          HIT Team -****** ***** Woodland
          Gunless

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

julesbloke Find out more about julesbloke
          Working...
          X