G&G receiver compatibility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G receiver compatibility.

I have a G&G GR16 R5 (M16 with M5 RAS) and i would like to know what i need to make a spare upper receiver assembly for CQB.

I know i'll need the upper receiver, delta ring/free float, outer barrel, gas block/front sight, and a rail of some sort. However i don't know which parts are compatible with the G&G. It's not the blowback series. It's the "proline" series.

I have a spare inner and hop unit already so i'm all sorted on that front.

The main thing i need to know is what upper fit's onto the G&G lower. Or am i best off trying to find a G&G upper receiver. Iv'e not seen G&G receiver's advertised anywhere, so i may well have to contact them personally or go through Zeroone special order.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Re: G&G receiver compatibility.

if its not the blowback then any receiver fits them, only different ones are the blowback as a little more space is needed to utilise the blowback mech on top. Failing that, go for a g&g toptech body, will house the blowback and look really nice
    sigpic

Comment

It's the non blowback series, so that gives me lots of options. Vltor upper here i come. Cheers mate

Comment

why just the upper out of interest? wouldnt you need two uppers and a matching lower for the dual setup? lots of money! lol
        sigpic

Comment

I have one full upper assembly already.

I also have a spare hop unit, barrel, outer barrel here. So all i need is an upper, delta ring and rail/ras. I have a spare front sight too XD

Comment

Depending on metal or plastic mate
            the plastic series can use any plastic body as it's the same as a tm m4

the blowback series is the only one that is different mate

Also watch out what body you get if you already have an out barrel
            make sure they fit together properly ie screws with screws
            as some are held on by just the notchs then the delta ring etc

Comment

Cheers for the advice. I'm opting for the ACM Vltor upper. As i know that works with a G&P delta, and the outer barrel i have already. Just a notch it uses and the delta then keeps it tight.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
              Working...
              X