m4 free float rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: m4 free float rail

If It goes on then get tighter then it might be the the free float nut is cross threaded

undo the nut and spin it the other way to see if there is a number of times it tries lining up on a full rotation if more then once then it's cross threaded

Comment

Madbull do a die that recuts the threads on the receiver to accept different barrel nuts. Although the thread is the same pitch, sometimes they aren't cut deep enough.

I have a G&P barrel nut on one of my M4's and if I recall it was a bit loose going on.

Comment

ah right important info guys thanks i think to be honest to do the job prperly i need an armorers wrench too =/

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
          ah right important info guys thanks i think to be honest to do the job prperly i need an armorers wrench too =/
          You can probably wrench it on using the holes in that mount, particularly if you move the alignment pins in about a little.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
          Working...
          X