Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopup bucking wearing in

Hey guys,

I just replaced the stock ICS hopup bucking in my m4 with a madbull shark (the clear soft one) and am now having a huge amount of mis-feeding. Is this something that takes a bit of time for the bucking to wear in or is there something that needs sorting? It was a little difficult to get the barrel into the hop unit because the bucking is slightly fatter than the stock ICS...

Did exactly the same as mine a while ago.
    I had to lube the living daylights out of mine just to get it in the hop and even after i dried it out it never fired properly after.
    I couldnt get any hop either as it was soo tight between the hop and the barrel the arm couldnt push into the barrel.
    I then pushed on it manualy thinking i could free it up and ohhhh no then got every BB going skyward no matter what i did!!!
    After nearly throwing the whole gun off the balcony i put the TM one back in that was in it before and hey presto back to normal.

My advice cut your losses and lob the madbull rubber, because if your temper is anything like mine you could end up scrapping the entire gun....lol

Comment

Re: Hopup bucking wearing in

Second that, i had one, tore it trying to get it in the hop unit it was that bad.
      WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Do you reckon putting in a new ICS stock bucking would do the trick better?

Comment

My friend anything is better for that gun than the Madbull clear.
          Compare the price of a TM one to a new ICS one.
          As much as i hate to say it the TM one gave me slightly better range than a ICS one.

Comment

the bucking isnt the problem, the madbulls are good, its usually the nub they supply, use your standard nub with the madbull bucking and you should be fine, the nubs are very fat and apply full hop when off
            sigpic

Comment

The madbull shark nubs are 'H' nubs?

Comment

I'm using an H-nub that has been in the gun for a looong time.

In that case I might sell up (I have an open sales thread here) and buy a TM... I get the impression that ICS hop units like thin-walled bucking?

Comment

Yeah I get rid mate, I still use the nub out of mine though.

Comment

Remember madbull rubbers are fatter to accommodate the thinner madbull python barrels

Originally posted by Metalbody
                    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                      Remember madbull rubbers are fatter to accommodate the thinner madbull python barrels
                      Oh is that right...? I hadn't realised their barrels were externally smaller than average.

Hmm well I have a spare brand new ICS hopuo and bucking at home so I guess I'll try that unit with my H-nub for now. Thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                      Working...
                      X