I'm lost.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm lost.......

Pretty confused at the min the 15a fuse blew on my tm m14 so I replaced it with another 15a, that one blew strait away then I put in a 20a but that still blew, so I decided to try the only one I have left which is a 13a, pulled the trigger and I can here the motor clicking over not nothing more. I thought it might of drained the battery so i Put it on charge for 6 hours and it's still doing the same thing, is there a short in the system somewhere? Or is the battery just nakered?

Cheers all

Re: I'm lost.......

I just take my fuses out...

Sounds like you have a lock-up or something.

Comment

Is there much point to the fuse? The other thing is a bridged the connectors but it still just clicked and didn't fire

Comment

sounds like gearbox lock mate, thats why your blowing fuses
        sigpic

Comment

Before opening it up by a 25amp fuse to test, if it stays alive

Check the battery connections for wear or signs of shorts
          also check the condition of the wires as it maybe shorting on something

Comment

you can get arcing on the contact set to the casing if you clamped it down to hard, or you might have got the shimming wrong or motor hiehgt to tight.

i did do an m14 take down vid on my you tube channel.

you can bride the fuse ust for testing purposes by conencting the two together but hold the wiring with your hand to "feel" if it starts to rapidly heat up, and obviously if youve got a mosfet on the circuit over heating the circuit will often pop the mosfet so best not.

if it heats up just stop pulling the trigger and disconect the fuse bridge or batery.

This is just to see if bridging the fuse makes it work if it still doesnt theres a problem which the fuse is doing its job and telling you is there.

Really a 20 amp fuse should be fine, a sopmods 20amp running a 300gram recoil weight block and it never blows unless it jams or someone fits a systema motor :P

You should be at about 15 - 18 amp max draw.

Comment

Or you can get 24A thermal resetting fuses.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

hes already bridged the connection, so it cant be the fuses, sounds like richardy said either arching or a lock up somewhere along the lines
                sigpic

Comment

oh dear i was hopeing it wasent a gear box lock what should i do take it appart then rebuild it or is there a trick to it ?

Comment

drop the motor out first, and try it again, if it spins ok, gearbox out job then

Comment

I had the same thing happen to mine, make sure your battery is fully charged to the max, also the motor housing ensure the adjuster at the bottom is in the middle of the 3 points you can adjust it to... hope this helps

Comment

took the motor out worked fine with fuse in put the motor back in and it blew the fuse :-( looks like im going to have to open the gear box :-( anything i should be loking for?

cheers for all your help so far!!

Comment

I doubt you need to open it, I removed the fuse all together out of my wiring and havent had the problem since, I take it your M14 is upgraded aswell?

Comment

Well the motor spinning away from the box is good as it's not a short, but it's bad as in its something causing it to be hard to turn. Ie shimming being wrong, broken or missing gear box teeth. It doesn't suffer lock up like old version 2. Its a pretty bullit proof which is why it popular.

Comment

Might be worth checking your motor is the right way around.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ashm14 Find out more about ashm14
                              Working...
                              X