Fighting cat help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting cat help

Hey, I have a G&P fighting cat I got from here and have had nothing but trouble with it (this is in no way a rant about previous owners or builds)

Firstly the madbul tracer unit fizzled out and stopped working
    Then the spur gear snapped
    Then another gear sheared off and filled the box with shit
    The hop unit sends the bb's all over the place and isn't accurate at all even after a barrel clean it's like firing a shotgun

Now after spending more and more money on it to get it back to the way it was and rebuilding the gearbox, now when it fires it travels as far as 15 foot and drops like I'm blowing them out the barrel!

What's up with it now? I'm guessing it's piston related? Or something about not being airtight?

Any help much needed because it's an amazing gun when I first got it, now it's just a nice looking wall piece!

Re: Fighting cat help

I spent ages p*ssing about with my hop unit after bb's were traveling left right up and down..

All was caused by a scratch at the end of the barrel.

However! half the time it can be a slightly twisted rubber.
    Check that barrel though

Comment

But will that cause it to only fire about 15 foot in front of me?!

Comment

for me it sounds like an airleak combined with either a poor hop rubber/nub, or a barrel defect somewhere along the line
        sigpic

Comment

It is probably hop related.

You could try to pack the hop up with a thin piece of rubber or something soft against the outer barrel to push the hop up back against the gear box. You would be supprised how little movement you need to ruin the airseal.

Try one thing at a time, so you know if it is making a difference or not.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
          Working...
          X