Any comments about Modify Modular Gear Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any comments about Modify Modular Gear Set

interesting about Modify Modular Gear Set from ************, anyone use it?

is that worth £ 52.95. jsut want to do a Survey how much do you think it worth?

Re: Any comments about Modify Modular Gear Set

They have got pretty top notch reviews. The only iffy part is compatability issues. They are designed to fit TM, and with that design it has to be a prefect copy.

I'm seriously thinking of shelling out the cash though. They look very nice indeed.

Comment

do you meaning just fit for tm, or prefect for tm?
      does it work smoothly for other bands aegs?

Comment

It's designed around a TM gearbox, so will sit flush on one of those. What I mean is that other brands will have to be a perfect clone of the TM box to get it to fit.

Comment

TKOS I was under the impression it would work in any gearbox except for reinforced ones? Due to the frame holding the gears in place it only needs two holes out of the three to line up is what I've read.
          I plan on importing one for my Star Scar in the near future, and as it has a modified gearbox I figured it would be ideal

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

I'm just going on what I've heard, but what you say does makes sense.

They definately fit the TM and so the design will mean they only fit exact clones. The two hole thing is odd though, need tyo read up on that. Hell, I might just get one to make things easier. Shame I've just ordered one of AGM's new GBB M4s. Anyway.

These not fitting re-enforced gearboxes does ring a dust-covered bell. Shame, as methinks that puts Deepfire and Prowin out of it.

Comment

sounds good for the gear set

Comment

Yeah, the frame for the gears means that it wont fit in the reinforced ones
                Theres a review for the gearset on arnies that shows how they fit in non-standard gearbox's

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

Necropost for search function glory!!

Anyone got any after use reviews on these before I dish out £50 on them?
                  Signature Removed

Comment

they are great,

make sure you get a good batch,

steveuknotts on here a friend of mine brought a set and they kept chewing pistons and blowing teeth due to the faulty batch

with a newer perfect batch we fitted them and worked perfectly,

i use a modular speed set in my G&P MASADA, works like a dream, make sure you use a tm gearbox or a modify gearbox, torus or the 8mm ceramic version

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                      make sure you use a tm gearbox or a modify gearbox, torus or the 8mm ceramic version
                      That's a bugger, I thought they offered sets for genuine TM and clone GBs now, was just going to bang them into my Dboys GB with a poly piston and element silent head for some smooth running and reliability.....

I wouldn't mind, but a Modify GB case is another £40..... Starts to push £115
                      Signature Removed

Comment

To last post. I had one I'n with my element silent piston head. Took less that 200 rounds before the piston head smashed up and jammedy
                        Box up. The gearsets are awesome though

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
                          To last post. I had one I'n with my element silent piston head. Took less that 200 rounds before the piston head smashed up and jammedy
                          Box up. The gearsets are awesome though
                          Ok thanks, I'll avoid that then! What GB case were you using btw?
                          Signature Removed

Comment

I got a high speed one from a place north of the border to experiment with a high ROF MP5 setup. Easy to install into a TM shell but they do different ones for non TM and also different bearing hole sizes 6/7 and 8mm iirc. Still tinkering at the mo as ive got pre-engagement problems so the Modify High Speed piston is now stuffed but i knew it would be a bit of fun and rather that went than the gears! On a related note despite previous good experiences with the retailer, that order was the last ill be placing due to a complete screw up on the order and being told the old spring guide they supplied was the new version and the new version was no longer made! Modify were very helpful themselves with info and ill use their stuff without hesitation but not from the only UK supplier.

B->

NB: there is a slight amount of adjustment of one gear to allow all three bearings to pop in exactly.
                            Last edited by BLZeebub; 15 February, 2011, 18:17. Reason: left a bit out!

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
                              Ok thanks, I'll avoid that then! What GB case were you using btw?
                              Jg gearbox. Iv heard alot of people haven't had a problem with those heads. I certainly did and the bits from it went everywhere.
                              As for the difference it made. Didn't really seem
                              Worth the extra effort. You would be better off with a quitter motor and a decent silencer without the barrel running through it.

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

topjack666 Find out more about topjack666
                              Working...
                              X