Grease -> Castrol LM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease -> Castrol LM

I know that using a grease with mineral oils or petroleum is big no no for rubber compatibility, but I'm struggling to find out if Castrol LM has contains mineral
    oils.

Anyone know if this would degrade the O-Ring as well as piston/cylinder head/piston head?

Re: Grease -> Castrol LM

Yes, yes it would.

Two options:

Silicone oil/grease.

Lithium Molybdenum (Lith-Moly) Grease.
    Feedback Thread: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29778

Comment

All right, cheers for the advice.

Comment

Edit limit

Can your recommend a cheap alternative to Systema Cylinder Grease? I've been browsing a bit and there seem to be different types of Lith Moly, some not suitable to rubbers and silicon grease seems to be thin,

Do you reckon I could pop into Halfords and pick something suitable up?

Comment

castrol lm, is Lithium Molybdenum (Lith-Moly) Grease. ive been using it in gearboxes for years and i have had a oring submerged in the tub for two years to check for damage to rubber and there has been none
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Really? Castrol list LM as lithium based with a separate grease being Lith-Moly.

Regardless, if you've had an O ring sat in there for a couple of years then I'll go lube up my cylinder. Thanks for putting me at rest.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fuzzy Find out more about Fuzzy
            Working...
            X