Prime LR300 misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime LR300 misfire

Hello all. I'm after a bit of techie advice from those with much more insight than I. I have a Prime LR300 just serviced Oct 10 with a new spring, hop unit and bushings of some sort. The Zero-One techie also did something to the trigger-pull, as I used to have an issue with multiple shots on semi-auto. Not sure speciifcally what he did though.
    I haven't able to skirmish until this Sunday past, and discovered that it's seriously mis-firing. On semi-auto, it fires one BB for every two pulls of the trigger. So basically it shoots a bb, dry-fires, shoots, dry-fires and so on. It's also misfiring on full auto, and I'm guessing the same way.
    I've adjusted the hop to off, and then slowly on - no joy. I've tried different mags (always lo-caps), wiggling, pushing them etc in the magwell and still no joy. It's a custom 5 x 2000 cell battery which is probably due for replacement by now but I'm not sure that is relevant. Any ideas please? Thanks in advance!

Re: Prime LR300 misfire

Try some different make ammo, report back.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Good shout - thanks. I'm using the Zero One branded stuff at the mo.
      I also took the top receiver pin out and reseated the metal hop unit, as well as re-seating the battery/motor wire which was protruding slightly into the magwell. It *seems* to have done the trick, but I have only been able to test very briefly due to a yelling wife and no garden...

Comment

Just an update on this - turned out that it was my 8 year old magazines that I've been using and abusing. Lazy-boy here has kept them loaded when stored (groan, I know) and the springs have had it. Bought a new mag and it works a treat with zero misfires. So time to stock up on new lo-caps!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ferretmaster Find out more about ferretmaster
        Working...
        X