downgrade spring for sr-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downgrade spring for sr-25

hi there, i want to Downgrade my sr-25 to comply with site regs, at the miniute i believe it fires at 420 fps, but i want to get it down to 400 fps.

any reccomendations ??

thanks

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: downgrade spring for sr-25

Try clipping it, rather than replacing it.

You're only trying to lose just under 5% of the springs total power, so the cost of replacing it seems pretty pointless to me.

Another option would be to fire single shot and then leave it compressed for a while. Try an hour or so and then chrono it. If that's not enough, do it again.
    sigpic

Comment

hmm thanks for the insight.... dont suppose you would know roughly how much to cut off, as ihavent got a chrono??

Comment

I seem to remember that a rule of thumb is 1 twist of the spring equals 10fps, but I'm not sure. It's better to take a little off and try it, than to hack loads off and get it wrong. If you're quick at putting it back together, you could always clip it on site so it can be chrono'd straight away.
        sigpic

Comment

yes ill prob do it on site actually. thanx

Comment

just out of interest though, what spring would you need for an 400fps range with 0.20's???

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9251
              sigpic

Comment

thanks rockin robin for your help.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                Working...
                X