Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosfet, Deans Connectors & Lipo

Hi Guys

Im think of fitting deans connectors & a Mosfet to a new gun im building and after talking to freinds and reading forums im finding quite mixed messages.

Is there actually any point? and what do you have to be running in the gearbox to actually benifit from them?

I know this is not really the case in the mosfet, as it has clear benifits you can see in various comparison videos, but im not sure about deans connectors.

While on that subject, do you need to have an upgraded gearbox to use lipo's?

Thanks
    sigpic

==== Paypal Verified & UKARA Member ====

Re: Mosfet, Deans Connectors & Lipo

yer, there is a whole lot of point in a mosfet!
    for a start it will prolong the life of your mechbox but what it will do is make your switch last. im putting a mosfet in my gun. deans are supposed to be better but i see no difference. mine seen to heat up abnormally when i charge my battery. hmmmm
    as for lipos i have no idea as im running a 9.6 and that will push 28-30RPS and thats fine for me

Comment

Thanks, yes i can see benifit from a mosfet, I just thought as I will have it all out I might as well fit deans if there worth it.
      sigpic

Comment

Deans connectors have less resistence then Tamiya and Mini Tamiya connections. So basicly you are going to get a slightly better ROF. Mainly trigger response

Comment

honestly mate, it aint recognisable. but i would stick em on anyway, they are better, just not by much + they look quite techy:D

Comment

It pretty much depends on what battery size you are using. If you use an 8.4 you will see a big difference, but 9.6 or higher and the current cancels out some of the resistence. It's just piece of mind really knowing that you arn't getting any current drawbacks. Plus it's always advisable to use Deans when a Mosfet is fitted

Comment

Thanks guys, im going to go with deans i think, im running an 8.4 so it sounds like a good idea
              sigpic

Comment

a li-pos benefit is its ability to last the whole day,and the fact that its a lot smaller, so its good for tight spaces, and it can increase the ROF
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                  a li-pos benefit is its ability to last the whole day,and the fact that its a lot smaller, so its good for tight spaces, and it can increase the ROF
                  I wouldnt need a stengthend grearbox for lipos then?
                  sigpic

Comment

All depends what voltage you get. A 7.2 lipo is equivalent to an 8.4 nicd/nimh

Comment

depends like they say but what GB is it?

Comment

theres 2 one is a G&P gearbox for a cutom gun im building and off the shelf gearbox and motor m120 spring. Choice of G&P motors.

And im think of fitting mosfet, deans and lipo to my G&G combat machine m4
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't say for certain, as I don't know what the quality of G&G's wiring is, but it may be worth swapping the wiring out at the same time for extra piece of mind!

Otherwise, in some cases, it can be a bit like trying to polish a turd!

Comment

Thanks jay, yea i though swappign the wiring for a heavy gauge would be a good idea
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigTonyLove This recession is making me want to kill myself Find out more about BigTonyLove
                            Working...
                            X