help with shims!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with shims!!!!!!!!

When re shimming a version 2 G-box should there be an equal amount on each cog? after i think i have done it and put it back together to test it it just loks up and wont move. the gears look fine and are brand new element part of a FTK any tips and advice plllleeeaaassseeee!
    Multi cam does not equal skill !

Re: help with shims!!!!!!!!

No, it won't work that way. You should shim them so as the gears can still move freely but don't move side to side in the gearbox. I've found it to be a bit of a black art as they do need to move from side to side a "little" bit to rotate properly.

Basic idea is do one, close up the gearbox and put your finger in there and make sure it spins fine without excessive sideways movement. Then the next, then the next. If you google it there are plenty guides.
    Last edited by dfrear; 13 April, 2011, 18:27. Reason: spelling

Comment

Re: help with shims!!!!!!!!

Make sure when testing that you screw the box shut for each adjustment, holding it shut isn't as accurate, if you have shimmed tightly without it shut tight you risk binding and or a less efficient build. There doesnt have to be equal shims on anything particularly as shims are different sizes. Take particular care when setting the sector and bevel gear as they interact with other parts aswell.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lego head Find out more about lego head
      Working...
      X