m4 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 help

evening all just replaced the spring and piston in my m4 v2 gearbox put it all back together and crono it around 310fps briliant i thought :D however after fireing around 150 bbs through it the piston has locked back and i have had to strip the gun to release it have i done something daft and fitted something wrong? the spring that has been replaced was cut down by the shop to reduce the fps it had over time started to eat the piston the new piston is a element lightweight piston and head and the spring is a element M95ST any thoughts and help would be thankfully recived thanks all

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Re: m4 help

what battery are you using and is it fully charged?
    did you shim the gearbox correctly? or at all?

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

the gearbox has been shimed and rotates fine the battery is not fully charged but has only been used for a couple of mins

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

charge the battery 100% - see how it performs if it doesn't turn over on the first go don't do it again.

i would rebuild the gearbox and check it all over, make sure there is no damage to any teeth inside it, on the motor and no piston damage anywhere inc the piston head.

rebuild, re try.

if that fails i would put it dow n to the new spring is too short possibly resulting in the piston not being pushed back into a propper position quick enough and being cought on the gears on its return :/

Comment

ok thanks for the intel i will try this later and see how it goes

Comment

could it be pre-engaging?

Originally posted by Metalbody
            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

its usually shimming or power, its getting to the back on full compression and it simply hasnt got the ummph to do the last bit. Check shimming and power.

notice how im ignoring that youve said shimming is fine thats becuase its usually shimming which isnt fine.

Comment

i have shimed the gearbox gear by gear and everything is running sweet as a nut i will be trying again this afternoon with a fully charged battery hopeing that this is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by paulh View Post
                  .... and everything is running sweet as a nut
                  Apart from it not working....?!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                    Apart from it not working....?!
                    lol :D fair point
                    heres a update charged the battery up pluged it in and ..........................

everything seems to be ok the charge in the battries must have been low fired a ful hi cap throught it with no stopages thanks to you for all your help and input on this.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

paulh Find out more about paulh
                    Working...
                    X