tm mp5 hop and motor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm mp5 hop and motor problems

hi, the gun in question is an tm mp5, internally only upgrades are eg1000 motor and higher fps spring. ive had the 2 problems for a while and was wondering if you could diagnose the problem/suggest a fix. thanks

1st problem: the hop lever goes back to the off position when a bb is fired if it is set more than half way meaning if i want any range i have to hold the lever in place when i fire.

2nd: it has an eg1000 motor, not sure if thats meant to be a slow motor but the ROF with an 8.4v is ridiculusly slow (slightly faster than an aep). is that normal or something wrong with the motor.

thanks for your help

Re: tm mp5 hop and motor problems

1) Your hop up is slipping, which is probably a fault with the unit. The MP5 hop-up is a pain like that. If you want some metal goodness, and a easier to adjust hop up then a B&T metal body & hop up unit is what you need. (You'll need to file the grip down a little for a good fit). Failing that, just a new TM unit. It should not slip just like that every shot.

Have you taken the hop up apart at all, or has it been taken apart. I wonder is something is missing in there?!

2) The EG1000 is supposed to be a fast motor, something is wrong there. What spring you using?

Comment

i havnt taken the hop apart yet but its a second hand gun. i'll open it up and see if anything's missing.

i believe it is an m100 spring (although i have yet to check)

Comment

just took the hop lever off an had a thought - put a little bit of tape on it so there is more friction and the lever doesnt move?

Comment

try putting clear nail varnish on it... we use it at work sometimes to hold things in place as if you need to it easy breaks off.?
          chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

[IMG][/IMG] thats where im up to now. see the bar that connects to the 2 screws on the hop unit - very wobbly. that could be it?

- wouldnt nail varnish glue it in place? and break as soon as i adjust the hop?

(side note - 1st succesful gun dissembly :P )

Comment

How tight are the two screws with the washers built in to the head? They should be fairly tight. Not so tight you can't move them though.

Looks like you have a hairline crack in the weak part of the V2 gearbox there. If it is crack (or might be a scratch and the camera picking it up!) you'll be advised to look into that.

Comment

bottom one is not loose but just turns when screwed - doesnt go down.
                top one if you try and screw it it moves the plastic ba

-where exactly is the weak part? (can't see a crack)
                Last edited by master shake224; 16 July, 2009, 17:52. Reason: edit to question other edit

Comment

oke doke tried all your tips (took it apart, had a poke, tightened all screws etc), put the gun back together. the hop is now stable! thank you VERY much! although it needs to be on full all the time and even that isnt enough. but thats just a lickle problem . the big problem is fixed consistent 30m everytime

Comment

Originally posted by master shake224 View Post
                    -where exactly is the weak part? (can't see a crack)
                    Looking like might be one here....

If it is, then not good news. After a while they go a bit like this...

Comment

and more

if it develops you'll be seeing an "splitting broken mp5" thread :P

Comment

If it is a crack not the end of the world, pretty much every V2 gearbox will do it at some point. That one with the front off ran fine. Another one cracked, and ate my gears and piston though!

You can either replace with another standard case (as cheap as £10 on forums second hand) or for a long term fix buy a reinforced gearbox which should keep going for years and years.

Comment

not much point, it would be cheaper to sell the gun and buy a new one then repair a broken gearbox

Comment

If it is a crack, you can get a reasonable fix by drilling a small hole at the end of the crack. That spreads the load out over a wider area reducing the risk of fracture. It's a normal engineering solution to cracks in metal casings.

I've drawn in a crack on the picture to show you where to put the hole.

sigpic

Comment

all the way through or about half way? and daaam thats some impressive gunsmith knowledge!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

master shake224 Find out more about master shake224
                              Working...
                              X