Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best hop up combination for a Tanio-Koba twist barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best hop up combination for a Tanio-Koba twist barrel?

Hey,
    I have what is basically a G&P Sentry with a PWS diablo front end.

I will be fitting a Tanio-Koba twist barrel after much reading around about it. It will have to be 229mm length.

I would greatly appreciate any advise for what would be the best hop up combination to go for, as I don't wish to use the G&P one. I was planning on a Guarder, with clear rubber, but unsure on bucking, and just generally unsure.

Thanks,
    Will Graves
    WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Re: Best hop up combination for a Tanio-Koba twist barrel?

maybe a prommy neo chamber, or a madbull ultimate, they seem to be the best around atm
    sigpic

Comment

As above, neo chamber with strike arm, maybe tm rubber, but id defo recommend getting cylinder ported to barrel length if it hasnt been done already

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I was under the impression that the Tanio-Koba twist barrels didn't need hop, as this did something to counter-act bullet spin or something... I've forgotten now but when I turn the hop on in my G36 (with twist barrel installed) it does next to nothing performance wise, if anything it just reduces the FPS a little...

I could easily be wrong though I guess, I just remember being told a while ago not to bother with hop up with a twist barrel...

Comment

Originally posted by da1994 View Post
          I was under the impression that the Tanio-Koba twist barrels didn't need hop, as this did something to counter-act bullet spin or something... I've forgotten now but when I turn the hop on in my G36 (with twist barrel installed) it does next to nothing performance wise, if anything it just reduces the FPS a little...
          I heard this also, but cant confirm as ive never had a TK Twist
          sigpic

Comment

Iv'e had 3 of them. And have always used hopup with them. I've had no issues myself. Also the Twist does NOT make the bb spin. It's not a real rifle barrel guys. All the indentations do is allow a channel of air to surround the bb. Making it more stable through the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
              Iv'e had 3 of them. And have always used hopup with them. I've had no issues myself. Also the Twist does NOT make the bb spin. It's not a real rifle barrel guys. All the indentations do is allow a channel of air to surround the bb. Making it more stable through the barrel.
              I know it doesn't make the BB spin, but hop just doesn't seem to have any effect on the BBs with mine. I wouldn't really call it an issue though...

I have an idea as to why it isn't having an effect though, brb guys

Comment

Firstly....

The standard barrel on the Sentry is 280mm, I'd not recommend putting in something as small as the 229mm. You may well find the barrel is unsupported at the far end!

Used the TK twist barrel myself for some time, not convinced it was all that great. To DA1994.... you may find the lack of hop is due to the very small hop cut in the barrel.

I'd rather now use .25's at "350fps" (ie, with .20's) and a good tightbore.

In terms of hop unit, the Madbull Ultimate unit is what I use in my M4's now. Affordable, but allows that minute adjustment to really get the most from it. The rubber/bucking are the same thing. Trial and error to what works for you, but anything like Guarder, TM, Systema or Madbull are good. Tried the prommy one, was too big and jammed for me.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Well i already have a 280mm barrel, but with my PWD Diablo front end, it sticks out the end. So 229 mm is my best option.

I've decided I'll probably go with the Madbull python 6.03 and ultimate hop with shark rubber bucking. Still wondering whether to go for the Guarder enhanced hop unit with clear rubber instead though, it's s little cheaper. Would love a prom Neo but they're a little too expensive with a TK too etc.
                  After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

go for the madbull ultimate, PM Midas for one he has a few for sale mate, cheap and effective, and i believe rubber and nubs come with them, he also has a few Madbull tightbores for sale at £28 each
                    sigpic

Comment

The Guarder Enhanced is just another version of a poor design. The reason the Madbull Unit is great is that is is a different way of doing things. Instead of the fiddly cogs that unwind themselves, you have the complete turning back end. Secure, and you can adjustment is by fractions of a mm with ease.

Only thing to mention is with the Sentry, you may need to shave the wings down a fraction on the Madbull Unit, it's a very snug fit otherwise!

How far does the 280mm barrel stick out? An unsupported 229mm is likely to give poor results.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                        To DA1994.... you may find the lack of hop is due to the very small hop cut in the barrel.
                        Literally what I was about to say, and yeah you're right - I just checked it against my standard barrel and there is a noticably smaller notch for the hop...

Comment

I think this is all very opinion based with high end hop units. I've heard great things about the guarder hop, and it is considerably cheaper.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying about barrel length.

I have the front end of that on my g&p sentry. It is a 7inch ris kit still, but the 280mm inner barrel sticks out quite a bit. A 229mm is recommended by Madbull, who manufacture the diablo front end kit. From what I've read, and from applied physics, range and accuracy between identical barrel types of 229mm and 280mm will not differ too greatly. And the inner barrel will be well supported.

Thanks for the info and help everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by wintergraves View Post
                            I think this is all very opinion based with high end hop units. I've heard great things about the guarder hop, and it is considerably cheaper.
                            But, the Guarder unit is the same as the majority of other M4 hop units. Which all suffer the same flaws. You might as well keep the G&P one if you not going to change the physical design to something different.

As for the RIS, 7" is 117mm? So long as the inner barrel reaches the end of the outer barrel, then it will be supported - therefore fine. If it is flapping around short, then it would be bad.

Comment

Yeah I know, the air seal is supposed to be a lot better on the Guarder units etc.
                              Either way, I think I'll just go for madbull for the lot.
                              The outter barrel of that RIS kit is specifically designed for use with a 229mm black python madbull tight bore.
                              Hopefully can't go wrong that way!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wintergraves "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson Find out more about wintergraves
                              Working...
                              X