G36 Gearbox issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 Gearbox issue.

OK, my JG G36c is playing up, basically, it wont work when you pull the trigger, the motor wants to work but i dont think theres enough current getting through. It makes the sound you get when you have no battery. Its not a gearbox lock up. Ive dissasembled the gun and put it back together and whala it worked........for 5 mins and then died. I think its the selector plate rubbing on a wire but tbh i have no clue. Please can someone shed some light on this subject.
    Thanks.

Re: G36 Gearbox issue.

Originally posted by laurence View Post
    It makes the sound you get when you have no battery. Its not a gearbox lock up.
    What kind of sound, clicking?!

Also, what makes you think it's not locked up?

Comment

its not a lock up because when i took the gearbox apart before i saw that there was no obestruction.
      It just makes a sound like the motor wants to go but cant.

Comment

You'd not physically see anything with lock up really - you tried another fully charged battery?

Comment

Try bypassing the fuse wiring loom, and tell us the results.
          Others till I die

Comment

All of this has been done, ive taken the motor out and plugged an new battery on and when you ill the trigger, same thing happenes. I the fault of somewiring inbetween all of this, my thought was that the block that moves forward when you pull the trigger insnt completing the fcircut but im not sure.

Comment

Have you checked motor height?
              Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by ElCarl View Post
                Have you checked motor height?
                im pretty sure its not the motor height as it worked but then stopped and then worked and then stopped. It isnt the motor, its the wiring but i dont know what part.

Comment

Check the spade connectors to the motor,
                  where it bends at a 90ish degree angle it may have broken and thus cause an intermittent break in the circuit,
                  would explain the working then stopping then working

Comment

Originally posted by daladzor View Post
                    Check the spade connectors to the motor,
                    where it bends at a 90ish degree angle it may have broken and thus cause an intermittent break in the circuit,
                    would explain the working then stopping then working
                    thanks ill try that.

Comment

nope, its just not playing ball guys. Not too sure.

Comment

you may have splayed trigger contacts or you may just have a serious gear box problem like a broken gear which is jamming the box up and preventing it from firing. stripping it may be your only option to look see if you have done all the obvious simple fault finding.

Before you strip it, the only way of finding out if the box itself is jammed is to bypass the wiring circuit all together and apply the wires from a battery directly to the motor. If it cycles the problem is wiring related and possibly the trigger block, if it doesn't then it's most likely mechanical

Comment

You do not check for a seized gear box by plugging in a battery and pull the trigger....How stupids that!!!!!!!!!!

You are obiously capable of removing the gear box, I suggest you do so take the motor cage off the bottom and turn the bevel gear with a small screwdriver. You can always remove any tension you create with a set of needle nose pliers on the arl. The gears with no tension on the spring should move pretty much freely then get more difficult as you wind the spring up, you dont need to fully cycle the gears either just make sure they are free to move.

If the motor doesn't turn out of the gear box with the motor tabs in place its unlikely to be them when it's in the gear box.

The clicking sound that you sometimes get in semi is normal but I wouldn't keep doing it as it is the slide in the trigger block held back by the cut off lever and what is actually happening is it is forcing the back of the slide to jump off the trigger mech. So if you keep doing it it will wear the slide.

So long as the motor and battery are ok it has to be either a nipped/ torn wire, bad connection or the two prongs inside the trigger block may have moved to wide to make contact with the slide as it moves forwards.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ok, ill just go through everything i did from start to finish. Gearbox stopped working. The mototr makes a sound like it wants to go but there just insnt enough current getting through. Take apart the gun and gearbox check gears and there is no jam. Put gearbox and gun together again and bam, now it works. Fires maybe 200 bb's and then same problem arises again. Take down gun again. No external damage. Bypass wiring circut and gun works. So i know it is wiring and possibly trigger block related. What i am looking for is someone whpo has had or experienced a similar problem and tell me what they have done. Thanks.

Comment

You dont read so well then?

You don't need someone who has had this problem, you just need to apply some common sense to the problem.

Follow the wires through the gear box make sure there are no tears in the outer sheath. Make sure connections are all ok. make sure the two metal tabs connect with the trigger slide.

If they are all ok, check connections on the battery plug, connections on the motor. Brushes in the motor and the springs that hold them in place.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                              Working...
                              X