Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! wtf is this?

Hi all,

Just took my m16 gear box apart and this fell out! dont know what it is or where is goes or if it is even needed!

Any help would be great, pictures of where it is meant to be would be even better.

Thanks

Pictures of the part

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/t...a/DSC03127.jpg
    Never in the field of human conflict has so much been fired, at so many, by so few - Apache pilot Steve James

www.deltateam3.co.uk

Re: HELP! wtf is this?

hmmm could we have more details?
    external - internal

in GB- not in GB

does it have a hole in the middle of it?

just general questions will help mate

cheers

Comment

It was inside the GB its a solid cylinder with the smaller cylinder on one end (as pictured)

There isn't much else to add other than there is no obvious place for it to go in the GB and the GB has gone back together fine without it, although I haven't tried to fire it.
      Never in the field of human conflict has so much been fired, at so many, by so few - Apache pilot Steve James

www.deltateam3.co.uk

Comment

Looks like a gear axle.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

gear axle or the dodar that moves your tappet , any chance of a pic of your gears ? the sector gear is the main one to look at
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Looks to me like a broken axle, the upper part of the Spur Gear.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Agreed, can you take a pic of the spur gear to confirm?

Comment

i have a v2 m16 box apart at the present and have had plenty of makes apart but the only part that it looks anything like with the shape and colour is part of the spindle that the trigger pivots on , but if this is the case the part has broken off.
                it does look identical to the part in front of me.
                any idea of dimensions etc
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

thanks for all the help so far, will sort out the pics of the GB etc asap,

Its about 10mm in total but now you mention it, it dose look like there was an identical pin on the other side that has sheared off.

I will keep you posted.

www.deltateam3.co.uk

Comment

10mm? Anything that big definately sounds to be a gear axle, have you checked the spur gear?

Look at pics of a spur gear on google and compare yours to it! You should be able to see straight away!

Comment

yep, dont know how i missed it, the axle has snapped off

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/t...a/DSC03135.jpg

thanks for all the help.

www.deltateam3.co.uk

Comment

The spur gear axle has indeed snapped off, most likely a QC issue with the materials. If there isn't any damage to the other two gears or the 2 supporting bearings you could just replace that gear.
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brisingr! "If you and your team cannot work together, you may as well run into the battle with stick's." Find out more about Brisingr!
                        Working...
                        X