BE mp7 gearbox problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BE mp7 gearbox problem

Hey guys im having a problem with my mp7, originally the piston sheered, got a new mag aluminium one, but after putting it back together the motor seems to not connect with the bevel gear.... it simply just turns like nothing is connected to it, both the teeth on the motor and bevel gear are intact, and on all of the other gears, the shimming is good, bushings are good, everything else is in place. The only part that is damaged is the small pin that adjusts the motor height, the metal pin/ part that presses into the motor, has snapped and i am using a longer screw going in from the front of the gearbox to adjust the motor height.
    I have taken apart and re assembled the gearbox many times to no avail, the motor and bevel gear seem to mesh perfectly when testing them with only one half of the gearbox casing.

Anybody got any ideas? Really annoyed about this as the piston set cost alot of money and i really want to get it working :/

Thanks!
    www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Re: BE mp7 gearbox problem

not familiar with aep's but youve either shimmed the bevel too high, or the problem lies with the way your adjusting your height, have you tried manually pushing the motor to a correct height, with your hand/finger /anything, To see if it cycles?
    sigpic

Comment

I have done (motor height) but thanks, I will try removing a shim from the bevel gear soon hopefully that will work, thanks for the suggestion

Comment

any luck josh?
        sigpic

Comment

nope no luck :/
          literally for the life of me cannot work this one out :/

Comment

Is the gearbox casing fully closed? Bearings/bushings pushed right in? very confusing.
            sigpic

Comment

yeh its closing perfectly, everything seems in position correctly, i've successfully taken apart my borther jg scorpions gearbox which is exactly the same with no hassle, think im going to have to borrow parts out of the scorpions gearbox and putting them into the mp7 to find out what the problem actually is :/

Comment

necro post - incase anyone else has this problem i worked out that the motor contacts had burnt out (crappy chinese motors) so it did not have enough power to pull back the spring.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

josh426 Check out my airsoft channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AccessAirsoft Find out more about josh426
                Working...
                X