Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down grading from an M90 spring.

Hi guys and gals.

Looking for advice on downgrading from an M90 spring in my TM M4. The problem is that with the M90 I am still putting out 370fps. With the M100 that I took out it was 400 fps and the unknown previous spring was 440fps. This all stems from having some work done on it and it suddenly deciding to work perfectly too well. Lol

Been looking for a decent M80 to put in it but they are few and far between. Question is: what other downgrade options are there? If any. If I cut the spring down what's the best way to do the actual cutting?

Any help or ideas where to get a M80 would be appreciated.

Cheers
    John

Re: Down grading from an M90 spring.

Do not cut springs they are the length for a good reason. What crono are you using

Comment

Interesting question. That's the first thing I thought. Out of cal chrono. But alas no. Used three. Two at different sites, ravens and Tendring and then a cheap chinese one. All came within 10fps.
      Last edited by hijack; 21 April, 2011, 18:44.

Comment

What make of springs you using?
        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Now that could be the answer. Going to try a shs m100 in there tonight. The previous unknown was ics but the two others have both been from the wonderful land of HK. I had thought it might just be rubbish springs but thought advice is cheaper than splashing out without knowing. 

Comment

SHS springs are a bit like guarders... Over chrono, perfect on .25's
            An SHS m100 will give you 370+
            An SHS m90 will give you over 350
            I short stroke two teeth with an m90 SHS to give a perfect 325fps.

Comment

Short stroke teeth? Not sure what that is. Have to get an m85 spring possibly.

Comment

Im not aware that there is one.

What is your full setup like? Inc barrel, hop, rubber, brands of all please

Comment

Unfortunately your may be asking too much there Clot my friend. The M4 is a TM one with mainly TM internals. The Barrel is a 6.03 tight bore but not Madbull. Piston is unknown, single metal tooth at front and remaining plastic. Gears are stock TM with a new air nozzle in as well, not TM but another average brand. Not far off a standard gun. The air seal in it is amazing though. I am guessing that is where my success and problem lie.

Comment

Yup - insanely good air seals all around. Whats your desired fps?

Comment

Looking for 328 + or - abit...lol... 350 would suffice I dare say.

Comment

An SHS m90 Should do nicely tbh. I havent tried them without short stroking, but it ' should ' give you just under 350.... I hope. lol

Comment

Cheers Clot. No I just have to find a retailer that has them in stock. So you think the Hong Kong springs are just over powered? I just checked out the gen on the short stroking and I am not sure if my expertise ( amateur ) is quite ready for that yet....lol

Comment

i beleive its my old gun you have, did you buy it off here from the chef?
                            sigpic

Comment

hi Joe.

Not sure it was the chef but I did buy it off here. Been a great peice of kit but since refitting some bits and and cleaning up the gearbox, reshimming, greaseing and new air nozzle it has powered up....lol Oh changed to LiPo too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hijack Find out more about hijack
                              Working...
                              X