Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Simple gearbox assembly problem (pics included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple gearbox assembly problem (pics included)

Hi guys - see if you can help me with this Oh and just remember ics guns have split gearbox designs.
    I'm having trouble with my ics m4. When I shoot it with the gearbox split in half the lower half functions properly (i.e the gears spin) but when the top and lower are together the gun doesn't fire So I took the top half of the gearbox of another ics m4 (which I have now sold), and it fires perfect. So that leads me to believe it's something wrong with the top half of the gearbox thing. So I took that apart and everything seems to look ok, but could be something out of place or something which is now resolved due to me putting it back together correctly, I hope . But I am having one simple problem with the reassembly of it. I put the cylinder etc etc all in position but need to get the spring in, now I am no wimpy put I can't compress the spring to fit in to it whilst putting the top half on. It's a new m100 spring originally installed but I don't know how the flippin' heck he got it in, it's literally impossible - i'm putting so much strain to get it in that the cylinder flings out because its so tight. Anyone knows whats wrong? Is it an wrong sized spring or something.

Thanks so much guys for reading through this and hope you can resolve the problem
    Cheers

Re: Simple gearbox assembly problem (pics included)

screw driver in the spring guide , have the other half of the shell over the cylinder and such leaving just a enuff room for the spring to pass and push in the spring while holding the cylinder down
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Re: Simple gearbox assembly problem (pics included)

hi,

I would suggest the following.

are you looking to fire 350fps?

If so, get a m140 and cut it down to the size of the gear box without being compressed, that will give you just under 350fps roughly, or a m130 cut down for 330 fps.

I don't like fitting a long compressed spring like that m100 or m110 - at full length to get your 330fps.

But to upgrade it fully, I fitted this motor

URL="http://www.midasairsoft.co.uk/SHS_Ultra_Torque_long_shaft/p436430_2229814.aspx"]MOTOR[/URL]

to all my ics guns, which solves alot of the spring/torque problems.

=======================
      ICS GUIDE
      =======================

SEE MY ICS GUIDE FOR CHANGING SPRINGS:

PART 1

PART 2 [
      Last edited by billy breach; 1 May, 2011, 16:51.
      Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
      Working...
      X