hop rubber help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hop rubber help

after getting frustrated time and time again with my masada i have come to realise why i am having problems with feeding.

its either one of two things or the combination of both.

a new hop up rubber was put in about a month ago and i have just bought some new green label magpul p mags and it seems as if i have two problems with the bolt catch open i can see the hop up system and as it is see thru it is easy to see the bb's being fed, it seems like i have to push the mag all the way into the lower receiver for the bb's to continualy feed and when i do this and fire a few through either on single or full auto this happens

please help as i am coming to the end of my patience with this gun lol

Re: hop rubber help

please state what gun, what mags and what mods you have done as well as listing make and model of hop up rubber and hop up unit.

I have seen some hop up units and hop rubbers only be able to take a certain amount of spring pressure from the mag then they will double feed the easiest way to fix that is with a hop rubber thats got a better seal, sometimes it can be a matter of how long the nozzle is open for too ofcourse in an ideal world that shouldnt matter just 1 bb should be loaded in but Ive had softer hop rubber be unable to handle mags that you can wind up really really tight and also mid caps with a very stiff spring when there filled all the way.

Try to just 1/4 or half fill the mag and see what happens if its ok then you know the problem is either excess feeding pressure or a weak hop up bucking.

The make and model of the gun will help me and others to help you also what hop up and hop up bucking you have in the gun.
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

thanks for the quick reply mate the make and model of the gun is a g&p masada and as for the hop up rubber i have no idea it was a friend fit it for me whilst repairing the gun last skirmish i went on. the hop up unit itself is a standard g&p masada one that came with the gun. there is a metal version availble but i can not find it for sale in the uk and all usa websites selling it say they are out of stock.

Comment

Well get the hop rubble all set up ok again lube it a bit and try a half or 1/4 full mag if its ok then maybe order a decent hop rubber like a mad bull one and see how that go`s but sometimes I find that the soft rubbers work great with some mags but others feed better with a harder hop bucking that is not ideal for uk fps limits but thats life some times
        sigpic
        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

You may just also have a dodgy hop rubber, looks like the hole isn't quite big enough for the BB hence the rubber being folded into itself.

Just try a different quality rubber.
          WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hamster171 Find out more about hamster171
          Working...
          X