Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 s-system and M4 parts

Hey!
    Quick question, obviously most M4 parts wil fit an M4 s-system, and other than the front end i cant really see much difference in the two guns! which leads me to ask the question of...

Will an M4 metal Body fit an M4 s-system?

Dont want to waste money on it if it wont

Thanks
    Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: M4 s-system and M4 parts

Unless you use a conversion kit (Hurricane), a standard M4 body won't fit an S-System. The SIR rail (s-system hand guard) extends down the length of the receiver, which results in a slightly raised top and a normal M4 receiver already has a 20mm rail, so an adaptor is required. I think thats the problem, I've got a TM S-System and I had the same question, took me hours to find the answer.

I ended up using the G&P Mk18 Mod 0 kit, which amongst other things, makes use of a more traditional body and handguard. I hated the large/fatness of the SIR handguard.

Comment

ok thankyou! so really, how much would i be looking at? and would you say it was worth while?
      Chandler

Comment

Originally posted by Chandler View Post
        ok thankyou! so really, how much would i be looking at? and would you say it was worth while?
        Chandler
        To be honest with you, I would just convert the whole thing, I found the s-system to be too bulky without many advantages. Especially when it comes to finding room for accessories.

But anyway, the Hurricane adaptor kit is around $80 from Asia (excluding P&P). It includes everything you need to use standard M4 bodies (G&P, TM ect...).

As for a complete conversion (in case you're interested) is gonna cost more, but will come with a metal body. I recommend something from G&P, they've made tons. I think you can get a kit version for nearly every gun they've made in the M4/M16 range, so patriots, 9mm, VN, A1, A2, A3, A4, M4, novelty armalites are available. Careful if you do go down that route since G&P make WA and PTW kits, which won't be compatible with TM style AEGs.

Guarder and Hurricane also make full conversion kits, so keep an eye out for those if they tickle-your-fancy.

Best of luck

Comment

so if i brought a Metal Front end And a Metal Body i could just shunt all my parts into that and it would work?!

Thanks for your help mate,
          Chandler

Comment

should do, so long as they're TM compatible. You'd essentially be removing all the "s-system" traits. It would turn it into a regular m4, or whatever you're going for, could go MRE, C8/C7, CASV... whatever you fancy. I think s-systems are one of the trickiest to find compatible parts, but if you change the body AND hand guard, you should be fine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
            Working...
            X