Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMG Platform Upgrades (G36 based)

Hey Everyone.

I've been considering an LMG setup, and while logically there isn't much benefit since most LMG's are basically a big normal AEG, I figure with a few choice upgrades I can get something that I can actually use properly in a support scenario.

So I'm looking at an Ares G36 (not the K, the full length one). First upgrade would be an auto Cmag to complete the LMG look (and ammo capacity). Then it would be moving on to FPS, Accuracy and Rate of Fire (not neccessarily in that order).

Now here's my thoughts, and I wanted to run it by everyone to see if I'm missing anything:

FPS:
    Tightbore
    Spring
    Seals

Accuracy:
    Tightbore, maybe a twisty?
    Decent Hop

RoF: This is the main one. After all, it's not a support gun if you can't bring the rain;
    Motor
    LiPo
    Wiring Loom - Would I need this? I've heard it mentioned

Now upping the rate of fire may put stress on the internals, so I figure I'm going to need to change some things here, but if you have some suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

Re: LMG Platform Upgrades (G36 based)

All good except the tightbore. As an LMG you want your shots to cover a large area

Comment

element high speed motor, high speed gears, lonex are rather nice for the price, bearings, probably an m100 spring, lonex piston,a vented piston head, systema area 1000 cylinder, lonex cylinder head, a decent mosfet, tm hop unit (im pretty sure these fit) tm or guarder clear hop rubber or if you can afford it a firefly, spring guide with bearings (i use a systema one mostly), anti reversal latch (i usualy use lonex) and last but not least a decent mosfet that can handle high currents and voltages with ease, you will probably after getting all this want to correct the aoe on the piston for which there are threads on here that explain this and shortstroke the piston which meets the piston by filing down a few of the teeth depending on whether it is preengaging the piston, easy way of doing this is running a shoddy ilghtweight plastic piston and seeing where it breaks, hope this helps and i havnt got anything wrong/ missed anythign out as its too early to be up!
      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

oh also for the barrel use a 6.05 prommy, that way its less likely to get clogged up with the mahoosive amount of ammo you will be throwing away and also will still give you pretty good accuracy also dont hold your finger on the trigger too long or you will burn out the motor, which are pretty cheep to replace anyways
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajhayter Rookie Airsofter, regular motorcylist, avid gamer! Find out more about Ajhayter
        Working...
        X